Wee are Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

r32

Dec 31, 2002
Singapore
Oddly enough, for all the time that I spend on the internet, it seems I don't spend enough time trawling the current affairs forums. Perhaps there's too much chaff to sift through to find the wheat.

Good thing I still read the Straits Times then.

Otherwise I would not have read about a certain RJC girl's off-the-cuff response to a man in his mid-30s, vocalizing his thoughts and opinions about his life and future in Singapore, and what he hopes the government would do for him.

And so it is a clash in the Wee Family, for it is Wee Shu Min, gifted student extraordinare, versus Derek Wee, your everyman on the street, polytechnic student, part-time university graduate, with a decent steady job, but with doubts on his future (don't we all?).

At a more basic level, are we looking at how the powers-that-be view us worker ants? To be sure, her command of English was much better than Derek's slightly strained composition, but you can see that he made the effort to word it concisely and clearly. In an intellectual debate, is it fair to use that as a means of denigrating the points made by the other party?

...... how can you expect to have an iron ricebowl or a solid future if you cannot spell?

And the irony is, we all hold pink I/Cs, and we are all Singaporeans.

excellent read

she really kena by sammyboy forum
and that weak response by her father ...

this must be remembered,
so that she will not be part of the powers that be

Well, the 'defence' from her dad, unfortunately, was weakest at its best.

Can anyone please find me a 'private blog' in the internet? One that's absolutely inaccessible, cannot be hacked and password protected with 256bit encryption algorithm and the blog cannot be spidered absolutely by any search engines and the address absolutely anonymous and private only between the blog owner & their intended target audience?

I'm not all in for govt bashing whatsoever, but at least put in some effort towards a better defense in response to his offspring's disgusting show of high-handed elitism.

18yrs old and still cannot think.:bsmilie:
Which leads us to another point, if she can't think in the first place, why is she accepted in a Junior College which nutures the future generation and further trains their minds? :think:

She shld be locked, chained in a small storeroom from birth like an animal if she can't think. And her existence denied completely (like what some rich families do in the long distant past). :D

didn't see the 'defence' from the 'father' ... anyway if xialanxue.blogspot.com quoted correctly, seems like we have a major problem ... :sweat:

Which leads us to another point, if she can't think in the first place, why is she accepted in a Junior College which nutures the future generation and further trains their minds? :think:

She shld be locked, chained in a small storeroom from birth like an animal if she can't think. And her existence denied completely (like what some rich families do in the long distant past). :D

locked together with the sammyboys members. i recall that luval is one, ain't he? :bsmilie:

she should be made responsible for her errors

will the media be allowed to feature this?
it is news after all, and i am sure that the general public will want to know

...... how can you expect to have an iron ricebowl or a solid future if you cannot spell?

And the irony is, we all hold pink I/Cs, and we are all Singaporeans.

hmm.....have u ever read the story of Animal farm?

some animals are indeed more equal than the rest.......

anyway.....i also feel sad tat tis is the generation we r breeding.....

so.... r u going to be upset and accept? :think:

hmmm ... wonder if there're any students from RJC who expressed a different view from the girl in question, anyone had any idea? at least give us some signal that there are students who think differently :sweat:

I guess its just another elitist view of the world. No doubt how she had such view, after all, over these years, the world is built for the fittest, and thus survive will only the fittest.

I just feel very, very disappointed, not only in her, but to the entire education system. What we have everywhere in Singapore is this: Educated on the outside, illiterate on the inside.

This is what our education system can offer, someone who only believes that the best wins, no empathy for the rest. She is just what this education system can offer. What we named the ELITE.

Reading her blog, bombastic words all the way. Truely educated, truely persuasive. What is lacking is the flesh and blood, and the thinking and analysis behind it. Truely skeleton indeed. Very sad and disheartened to me indeed. Someone out there really need to do something to our education system indeed, emphasize on the flesh and blood. If not, the entire nation will be just skeletons.

Status
Not open for further replies.