Weddings .. how much B&W photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myloplex

May 27, 2003
Visit site
Think it's more to do with the customer, what you agreed to begin with.

Depends on the couple (i.e. the lady decides most of the time...) Check with them, I generally keep it to about 10 - 20% as a guideline. But they may want it all in colour or all in B&W, it depends....

Interesting .. so there is a guideline?

I'm just wondering, not all shots can be B&W/Sepia ... the shot has got to have the mood / feel to be converted to that kind of effect am i right?

Interesting .. so there is a guideline?

I'm just wondering, not all shots can be B&W/Sepia ... the shot has got to have the mood / feel to be converted to that kind of effect am i right?

More like personal guide... get some which may bring the mood across nicely.. as you said, not al shots are good as B&W, but some will stand out very nicely...

around 1-10% for me.. it entire depends on customer sometimes...

but i will deliver the entire prints in colour first, den as for the bnws, i will give them as complimentary prints. usually 5 - 10 prints la...

well thats me.

dun follow me... ... :D

Just wondering ... how much (%) of B&W photos do you guys usually include in actual day wedding photos?

Just some examples i came across:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arttl/sets/72157601581539961/show/
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=297865

Any rule of thumb? E.g
- If the lighting isn't good ...just go B&W .... less of a headace? :think:
- If going B&W ... go all the way for consistency?

You sound like you are thinking of turning all the pictures into B&W cos of poor lighting. I think that's a bad way of using B&W. Desaturation is meant to strengthen an image, not because an image is hard to colour correct. End of the day, weddings are colourful events, imagine showing your clients their bouquets in B&W. Having said that, we have done entire albums in B&W too, so it really depends on what was shot.

:)

For me, a digital photo would work in B&W for as long as it have a good contrast between dark and light tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.