wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

noizgod

Jan 20, 2006
tampines
:) Just a question.

1)What is a good lens to use for outdoor & indoor wedding?
2)Are all wedding lenses the same? ie: malay wedding different lens,chinese wedding different lens,church wedding different lens.

Pls help me.

Thank you

your question is akin to what is good to eat?

any focal length between 24mm to 200mm does the job.

if you are low light shooter, fast primes will work

if you flash all the way, any aperture lens will work as well

you should be taking more pictures to understand your own needs before jumping to a wedding shoot. Weddings are a specialize type of event.

sorry i feel anyone that starts telling you what specfic lens is not going to help you, only you will learn what you truely need, and until that time happens, you need to shoot more.

the different types of weddings is also shot how you interprete it, using different lenses as you deem fit. your signature style will derive from lenses.

:) thanks. at least i know what to do with your tips. will learn it. once again thank u.

there is no wedding lens.

Clown said:
there is no wedding lens.
haha... this is no very helpful either ;p

I would go with Belle&Sebastian's advise :D
- 24mm-200mm (that's after DSLR's 1.5crop factor)
- fast prime for low lights

Just for a starter,
on 35mm film body 28~70 mm lens
on DSLR body 18~70 mm lens

after about 50 weddings, you have your own style, and you will know what lens you perfer.

catchlights said:
Just for a starter,
on 35mm film body 28~70 mm lens
on DSLR body 18~70 mm lens

after about 50 weddings, you have your own style, and you will know what lens you perfer.

Yikes... it takes ages for a frelance / new comer to stock up 50 weddings without relying on any contacts whatsoever man...

grins

Bleuwhale said:
Yikes... it takes ages for a frelance / new comer to stock up 50 weddings without relying on any contacts whatsoever man...

grins
Who says so....?

You should ask paulyeo did how many weddings till today....;)

Hi,

There is no specific lens for wedding, it really depends on the style. However, a fast lens is highly recommended. There are some lenses that are recommended by the pros here. Which is :
12-24mm (Wide angle, for group photo)
17-55mm

i am using a d70....ermmm?:embrass:

well i am still learning and need tips obviously.

so pardon me if i ask the wrong enquiry.

but different people tell me different focal length for the lenses.

i mean i have to try different focal length of lenses before i know what i really like and what my signature is don't i?

but isn't that like investing in lots of lenses?

and to those who replied thank you very much:)

noizgod said:
i am using a d70....ermmm?:embrass:

well i am still learning and need tips obviously.

so pardon me if i ask the wrong enquiry.

but different people tell me different focal length for the lenses.

different people have different styles, so preference of lenses are different, simple as that.

noizgod said:
i mean i have to try different focal length of lenses before i know what i really like and what my signature is don't i?

Please refer to my post #1, for the lens recommendation.

the styles of individual needs time to develop and establish, so how to tell two or three years later want kind of style will you adopt?

and also if you are a wedding couple, will you engage a photographer not willing to spend time to build a own style or invest time and money on refining his gears?

ok that explains it.

well even if i become a pro someday;p i would say i am still learning cos there is no fullstop to photography. you learn every single day.

thank you for the humble information.:thumbsup:

you pay peanut u get monkey....

if the couple couldn't afford ur price. why u want to use an expensive lens ... kekekek

gernie said:

if the couple couldn't afford ur price. why u want to use an expensive lens ... kekekek

But... the couple wun be able to differentiate whether you using a kit lens or a Trinity (for Nikon) & L lens (for Canon). LoL

I noticed that most prefer to warmer photos as compared to those we see as the "correct" WB.

gernie said:

The rate of the photographer does not determine only by the gear his uses, also by the name, the style, quality of service, and the finished products.

If someone is selling Mercedes, some customers only can afford Hyundai, will he sell the Mercedes at Hyundai price just to make a sale?

If someone is taking photography into business, better think and talk like a businessman.[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

that if the couple into photography.... or they went to study/research the name, the style etc-etc of it....

if i'm not car enthusiast, why would i want to know all the technical spec? ... as long is Power, style, comfort, safety.. ok deal... hahahahahah

true, if someone into business, but what i mean is someone want to hv side income.. :p

noizgod said:
i am using a d70....

how much did u pour into getting a d70? hundreds and hundreds..? its a must to invest in lens...

anyway, its depend whether u want to "let-go" this potiential customer , is up 2 u :D

cheer...

Status
Not open for further replies.