Wedding Solemnization

Status
Not open for further replies.

SianZronG

Sep 2, 2002
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
Anyone got idea what are the vowes for a typical Singapore Solmenization at ROM?

Tried doing a search , kinda hard to find~~ :) I keep getting ROM stuff instead!

Thanks

they(ROM) will have a pre written vow for both u n ur wife if u dun have any personal vows..the solmeniser will let u read it...:bsmilie:
but if u want some special vows, u can search the web for wedding vows and in some websites got some great vows u can have some reference to...hope it helps

Marriage vows used at the Registry of Marriages (ROM)

Registrar's Address
Before you are joined in matrimony, it is my duty to remind you of the solemn and binding character of the vows you are about to make. Marriage according to law is the union of one man and one woman, voluntarily entered into for life, to the exclusion of all others.

Do I understand that you __________________ and you ________________ are here of your own free will for the purpose of becoming man and wife?
Couple answer together: Yes

To Bridegroom
Will you, __________________ take this woman ______________ to be your wedded wife, to live together in the legal estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honour and keep her in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to her, so long as you both shall live?
Answer: I will

To Bride
Will you, _________________ take this man _________________ to be your wedded husband, to live together in the legal estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to him, so long as you both shall live?

The Rings (optional)

Registrar's Instructions
Take this ring and put it upon the fourth finger of his/her left hand and repeat after me:
In token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love, with this ring I marry you.

Registrar's Pronouncement
As both of you have given your consent before me to live together in matrimony and have solemnly promised, each to the other to do so, I now pronounce you two Man and Wife.

Wah! Catchlights can be JP liao! :D

SnapSnap said:
Wah! Catchlights can be JP liao! :D

:nono: no, no. perform marriage ceremonies is a serious matter, don't play play.

Justice of the peace
: a local judicial official who is empowered chiefly to administer oaths, perform marriage ceremonies, certify documents, and in some states may have additional judicial powers (as to issue summonses)

AFAIK, For our Justice of the Peace is lifelong title, and is appointed by our president of Singapore.

Other than Justice of the peace, religions leaders, grassroots leader, military officers, registrars of ROM are also empower to perform marriage ceremonies, but they always need to have their license renew at a period time.

Pro:thumbsup:

catchlights said:
Marriage vows used at the Registry of Marriages (ROM)

Registrar's Address
Before you are joined in matrimony, it is my duty to remind you of the solemn and binding character of the vows you are about to make. Marriage according to law is the union of one man and one woman, voluntarily entered into for life, to the exclusion of all others.

Do I understand that you __________________ and you ________________ are here of your own free will for the purpose of becoming man and wife?
Couple answer together: Yes

To Bridegroom
Will you, __________________ take this woman ______________ to be your wedded wife, to live together in the legal estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honour and keep her in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to her, so long as you both shall live?

To Bride
Will you, _________________ take this man _________________ to be your wedded husband, to live together in the legal estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honour and keep him in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to him, so long as you both shall live?

The Rings (optional)

Registrar's Instructions
Take this ring and put it upon the fourth finger of his/her left hand and repeat after me:
In token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love, with this ring I marry you.

Registrar's Pronouncement
As both of you have given your consent before me to live together in matrimony and have solemnly promised, each to the other to do so, I now pronounce you two Man and Wife.

SianZrong, don't worry too much about it. Nowadays the process at ROM is so much faster and simpler than last time. Just last month, the ROM i was shooting was just over in like 4 minutes? Used to be much longer, and David Loh PBM still could joke here and there if he's in the mood.

LoLx. no problem man, i ain't going to ROM. LOlX. :D

i'm just gonna use the solemnization thingy for seomthing else! so no worries! ;)

SianZronG said:
LoLx. no problem man, i ain't going to ROM. LOlX. :D

i'm just gonna use the solemnization thingy for seomthing else! so no worries! ;)
Like what? Need my help bo?

SianZronG said:
making album lo! wanna put somet text ma... but just didn't know where to find the text ^_^
Oh.... ha, thought you are going to ROM. heh....

But not all are the same, and some couples do try to memories so that they can say more.

catchlights said:
:nono: no, no. perform marriage ceremonies is a serious matter, don't play play.

Justice of the peace
: a local judicial official who is empowered chiefly to administer oaths, perform marriage ceremonies, certify documents, and in some states may have additional judicial powers (as to issue summonses)

AFAIK, For our Justice of the Peace is lifelong title, and is appointed by our president of Singapore.

Other than Justice of the peace, religions leaders, grassroots leader, military officers, registrars of ROM are also empower to perform marriage ceremonies, but they always need to have their license renew at a period time.

Grassroot leaders? those RC people?

Officers also can ah? ;p woah.. eye opener for me.

yanyewkay said:
Grassroot leaders? those RC people?

Officers also can ah? ;p woah.. eye opener for me.
Licensed Solemnisers

As early as the inception of the Women's Charter, Religious Leaders had been partners of the ROM, combining religious ceremony with a civil marriage. Today, the partnership has grown to beyond religious groups, to include other respectable and high standing members of the community such as Justices of the Peace (appointed in Nov 1989) and Chairpersons of Community Centre/Club Management Committees and Citizen's Consultative Committees(appointed in Aug 1992).

The community participation of our partners in marriage solemnisation has grown to a level where more and more couples now prefer the convenience of marrying outside ROM by Religious Leaders, Grassroots Leaders and Justices of the Peace.

Check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.