wedding shoots n ON wedding shoots or EVENTS shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhanzallani

Jun 8, 2009
guys
i need your suggestions, advice, recommendations n stuffs

what kind of lens do i need for wedding shoots like on DURING weddings itself n the photoshoots moments on the streets

same goes for events shoot..wat lens do i need?

im using canon 450d

hope to hear from u guys soon!

guys

what kind of lens do i need for wedding shoots like on DURING weddings itself n the photoshoots moments on the streets

im using canon 450d

For You, i suggest just Ur kit lens, maybe a 50mm f1.8, and a flash unit as good enough for almost any situation.

Just study and get to know your gear, and some research before asking for any real advice. But basically the more u shoot, the more u will know just what u may need.

guys

im using canon 450d

Different photographers use different lens.....My advice 200F2.....cos that is what I use.

guys

im using canon 450d

I hope u aren't the main photog!

anyway, a fast wide zoom would be useful, something like a 17-55/2.8 would do nicely for a start. Add a med-tele like an 85f1.2 / 70-200 n u'll be pretty much set.

Again, dont just buy buy buy buy, learn the basics first.

What lens is not important

Back up is more important
Back-up body
Back-up lens
Back-up flash
Back-up battery
Back-up memory cards

guys

im using canon 450d

rent a book or two on wedding photography at the nearest library or do an online search.

I used the following for my friend's wedding dinner last weekend:
450D+50mm f1.8+430EXii flash
50D+24mm f1.4L

I relied heavily on f1.4 lens to shoot as the ballroom was in low light conditions most of the time. I rented the lens for $36 & I loved it. 24mm is wide enough for cropped sensor for table shots. But I regretted that I didn't bring my tripod that evening. For table shots, try use tripod unless you have a very steady hands. I found that the result is more natural without flash. You need to set the aperture to 2.8 or higher to make sure everyone in the pic is sharp & shutter speed will be too slow & you'll need tripod then.Ask someone to help you.

Try to get more cards & shoot in RAW. You can adjust the WB later.

Good luck

Last edited:
hey guys! thanks for ur opinions..i felt secured abit now..but it seems 17-55 seems the best..i read alot of forums on the net..they oso well suggested 24-70mm..is there any other rental places here in sg? cuz i only noe camerarentalbiz only..

Whats wrong with camerarentalbiz.They are really good and efficient.I think some CSers are also offering rental services at the services offered section.

Dejavu... Range tops priority in event photography - I usually have 24-105 mounted in most event assignment but wedding it's 17-40 + 50 for morning and 17-40 + 70-200 for banquet.

Status
Not open for further replies.