Wedding Shooters - 24mm wide end wide enough indoors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theveed

Apr 20, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Just wondering, without going UWA, does 24mm work well indoors when shooting indoor shots (such as preparation before heading to venue) inside most HDB/Condo units?

24mm on a FX-DSLR -- Of course it's wide enough.
24mm on a DX-DSLR -- might not be wide enough if you want to get full body shots inside a HDB flat bedroom. Then again, wide angle lenses don't produce very flattering images when capturing people.

24mm the lens very wide already if u use full frame camera but for this lens shoot for protrait not very perfect ..... i found is 35mm for wide ... very quite nice... mind u try it... most my wedding shooting i use 35mm. 50mm 85mm.. sometime 135mm also got depent ya.. ok

Last edited:
Just wondering, without going UWA, does 24mm work well indoors when shooting indoor shots (such as preparation before heading to venue) inside most HDB/Condo units?

24 mm ..... mind how you shoot the bride ... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I'd say it should be. I don't have a 24mm equiv. on my 1D so I can't say for sure. However, my 24-70's wide end on my 1D is a 31.2mm, which I find to be quite wide enough for almost all applications.

24mm on a FX-DSLR -- Of course it's wide enough.
24mm on a DX-DSLR -- might not be wide enough if you want to get full body shots inside a HDB flat bedroom. Then again, wide angle lenses don't produce very flattering images when capturing people.

Ahem... Use neutral layman terms please :bsmilie:

Is there a need to be so particular? :nono:

It is understood that FX = FF and DX = APS-C crop. You are not being neutral by pointing it out either.

Thanks... No prob with the portraits as I have portrait primes, I'm more concerned with documentary candids. Thanks for your replies.. :)

Thanks... No prob with the portraits as I have portrait primes, I'm more concerned with documentary candids. Thanks for your replies.. :)

I have a photographer friend who covered weddings with a 35/1.4 on a 5D and 85/1.8 on a 1DII. He said it was more than sufficient for most (if not all) of the situations he was in.

ooops...! Sorry! ;) me mainly familiar with Nikon terminology.
ok ok... to be more neutral,
24mm lens on a digital camera with a 24 x 36mm sensor will be plenty wide enough.
24mm lens on a digital camera with a 16 x 24mm sensor might have difficulty capturing the entire HDB room, if say, standing at the door.

Neutral enough for you??

From my experience, lenses from 24-35mm should do fine, even on a cropped sensor. Nowadays, rooms aren't that wide anyway.
In fact if you use very WA lens to take group shots, ppl at the sides will be warped, so no point.

From my experience, lenses from 24-35mm should do fine, even on a cropped sensor. Nowadays, rooms aren't that wide anyway.
In fact if you use very WA lens to take group shots, ppl at the sides will be warped, so no point.

Are 24mm & 28mm sufficient for group photos in wedding recept? Anyone attempted that before?

Is there a need to be so particular? :nono:

It is understood that FX = FF and DX = APS-C crop. You are not being neutral by pointing it out either.

Don't assume it's understood. FX and DX are brand specific terms.

If you're worried, get the 10-22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.