Wedding shoot in a Catholic Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
horizoner said:
Church Of the Holy Cross at Clementi

nice church.... got married there 2 years ago :)

too bad the recessional shots were OOF ;(

also gotta be careful of the backlit conditions there when facing the altar...

Zaren: Any advice during which ceremony is photography not allowed for this church? I was just informed that there will be no rehearsal. Sorry to trouble u ...

horizoner said:
Zaren: Any advice during which ceremony is photography not allowed for this church? I was just informed that there will be no rehearsal. Sorry to trouble u ...

horizoner,

sure.. don't take photographs during the "liturgy of the eucharist", i.e. the part which starts after the wedding vows & rings are exchanged (cue: everybody starts kneeling), and ends before the part where the bride and groom and the rest of the people receive holy communion from the priest. some priests may allow photography during the "liturgy of the eucharist", but u need to check with them beforehand.

also... do check if it's a wedding service or a wedding mass. the advice above only applies to the wedding mass.

hope this helps!

ok then .. gotta ask the priest and I hope he is a friendly guy! haha

horizoner said:
Hi guys!

I m going to do my first church wedding soon and have a few doubts which I know the many kind souls here can answer :)

1) Group shots at the end of ceremony: How many rows should they stand in? I think 3 will be just nice and forming a slight arc. Is it ok to ask the first row to squat?

2) Since I have only one cam body D100 (backup is CP 5700 which i won't use often), which range of lens is more versatile in church environment? Have a 15-30, 24-85, 80-400 and 50 prime.

3) Will I sound unprofessional if I ask for a re-enacment for the ring exchange so that I can take a close up?

4) Any other things that I should take note of in a church environment? (I m not a Christian)

Many many thanks in advance ;)

Hi horizoner,

I heard from my instructor who done lots of wedding photography said that some church does not allow flash inside. Some allow but not when they pray. Better to go check up first :)

RuthBaby said:
so far ive taken 5 church wedding... and i popped flash like mad
LOL
tts why pre communication with yr client is very important.

Bro. C u later. Dun be Late!
hahaha

i icq u just now i will be late leh .. about 2pm. cos got office stuff to clear :( sorry ah ...

DarkForce said:
Hi horizoner,

I heard from my instructor who done lots of wedding photography said that some church does not allow flash inside. Some allow but not when they pray. Better to go check up first :)

I have confirmed flash is allowed and i can only confirm which event can't be photographed on actual day. Lucky I was assigned an assistant by the couple :)

Status
Not open for further replies.