Wedding Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm .... your shots are inconsistent :think: As I continue to study your pics to give u some comments, may I know what gear u used that day for "Wen Siong and Stephanie" series ? Flash model ? u used 10D ?

Hi, am new to this group and it surprises how i can come across my primary school friend's elder brother's wedding. *smile* I could recognise his mom and the groom's name from the photos. :) Thanks for sharing. :)

AhV said:
hmmm .... your shots are inconsistent :think: As I continue to study your pics to give u some comments, may I know what gear u used that day for "Wen Siong and Stephanie" series ? Flash model ? u used 10D ?

for that couple... i was using a S2pro, nikon SB800DX, 12-24DX and 24-120VR
as for shooting style.... i`m quite a inconsistent guy... just shoot with my own flow.... inconsistent.. is something.. i trying to improve on.... thz for ur comment ... :)

the colours are not rich or either warm ?? erm.... maybe u should PS ur photos... if u did... i think the colours are not very outstanding.... maybe u could research on that ? using a soft filter on certain angles maybe nice... and try B&W shoots... they could be abit more classical... :bsmilie:

anyway.. very nice shots... give u a :thumbsup:

thz u thz u for :thumbsup: ...
i seldom PS m shotz.... unless its for the layoutz.... :sweat: coz my PS skill is :thumbsd:

Here goes ... IMHO, your inconsistency were :

e.g. images 150, 156 & 188 ....U were using a flash with a swivel head. U could ve done better with 'bounced' flash as you did in some other images.

images 291, 299, 306 &307 ... the sun wasnt very kind to you ... u could ve done better with some amount of fill-in flash to bring out more details

lastly, image 482 .. where was your focus point ? u were aiming at ???? :think:

I hope this helps ... anyway, keep shooting whenever you have the opportunity and you will improve progressively. This applies to me too :D

so far... oni img307 is justicifable ... coz i wanted to have the lens falring effect..... the others.... kinda bo bian...hahahha
as for the tea cup one... the focus was on the word on the cup...hehehe thz for commenting! must learn from all of u! :D

Just looked at one gallery but feel seasick! So many pics taken at 45 degrees. Not sure if this works for wedding photography but I am no expert and if your clients like it then it does.

Maybe want to be slightly more conventional...or am I wrong? Just made me feel sort of weird looking with my head tilted all the time.

Phildate said:
Just looked at one gallery but feel seasick! So many pics taken at 45 degrees. Not sure if this works for wedding photography but I am no expert and if your clients like it then it does.

Maybe want to be slightly more conventional...or am I wrong? Just made me feel sort of weird looking with my head tilted all the time.
if u print out the photos u can tilt them instead of yr head mah. :bsmilie:

Am inventing a new tilting system for my monitor as we speak. Take no notice of us though kerpalz!! ;) :)

oops, I left out image 463 and 466. They are distorted ... too wide..u must be careful.... If it was intentional, IMHO it's not very nice to distort the main leads !!!! :D Afterall, it's their wedding :bsmilie:

I sensed that you are trying to put too many pics in your collage, I feel that less is more in this case. But that is just my personal preference.

Phildate said:
Am inventing a new tilting system for my monitor as we speak. Take no notice of us though kerpalz!! ;) :)
does this tilting system calibrate the monitor colours too?? ha ha

Phildate said:

i second the seasick part... almost needed to change my keyboard.

hahahah...... the original album does have "normal" shotz....just that all these are those the couple love... so i just put up those they like.... but yes... after seeing my pics again... i do feel a bit of seasick pics here and there.... thanks guys for ur advise.... will take note of it liao.... Cheerios!

Status
Not open for further replies.