Wedding Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warder

Jan 14, 2005
Woodyland
These are some pics which I took recently for my friend at SDBA.

Scenic view from SDBA

Kindly give your most honest comments cause without criticisms there will be no rooms for improvements.

just started to be a little bit serious in using the FZ20. Feel free to point out the mistakes that I have made. TQ>

Anyway I can see that u have a very good album on WEDDINGS ya...

Warder said:
just started to be a little bit serious in using the FZ20. Feel free to point out the mistakes that I have made. TQ>

Anyway I can see that u have a very good album on WEDDINGS ya...

I myself not a good photographer. But you can peep at others ppl work too. :)

Cheers..

Hope you don't mind the critique of another newbie...

1) A few of your pics could have been nicer with a fill in flash... A bit underexposed. (eg P1040660, b&w pic)

2) The PS boke is a little tad overkill on "Wedding Couple". Correct me if this wasn't PSed...

3) Good candid shot minus the blob of hair in "P1040594".

4) "Another pic of the bride" is the best! You've captured a very nice angle of the bride! :thumbsup:

2cts... I'm still learning too...

Snap on! ;)

I agree on the wedding couple picture.. I suppose u selected the couple and inversed it, selected the background and gaussian blurred it.
if you take a closer look, the bride is "floating".. her feet is sharp, but but the stairs she's standing on isn't.. my first impression was that they were pasted on.. perhaps if you crop away at least the groom's feet... and bits of the side.. coz the building is kinda fighting for attenting with the groom... haha if can PS away the pair of legs will be even better...

heh anyway nice photos.. wish i had some wedding to shoot..

hmm this is my try:
edited1.jpg

unseen said:
I agree on the wedding couple picture.. I suppose u selected the couple and inversed it, selected the background and gaussian blurred it.
if you take a closer look, the bride is "floating".. her feet is sharp, but but the stairs she's standing on isn't.. my first impression was that they were pasted on.. perhaps if you crop away at least the groom's feet... and bits of the side.. coz the building is kinda fighting for attenting with the groom... haha if can PS away the pair of legs will be even better...

heh anyway nice photos.. wish i had some wedding to shoot..

hmm this is my try:
edited1.jpg

Haha.. Good work on the pic... It's a lot more belivable now. (You missed a spot from PSing off the legs though... ;p )

Someone else ever did a PS boke to a car before too and did the same mistake of bluring the ground below the car. So the whole picture looked like as if the car was floating too... ;)

Cheers!

natnivek said:
Haha.. Good work on the pic... It's a lot more belivable now. (You missed a spot from PSing off the legs though... ;p )

Someone else ever did a PS boke to a car before too and did the same mistake of bluring the ground below the car. So the whole picture looked like as if the car was floating too... ;)

Cheers!

HAHAHA... you're rite.. stupid me... haha paiseh, left such an obvious thing there... heh heh hmmmm on MC today, head also groggy... :mad2: but how could i have missed it??
haha...

nm lar, i very lazy to change le..

arghz can't really stand half F**K work..
here's the done up one...

edited2.jpg

Haha... Well done man... Compared the original and yours. Couldn't tell that there were legs hanging there... ;) :thumbsup:

how to make a good blur backgorund with the object looks nice??

genocide said:
how to make a good blur backgorund with the object looks nice??

Zoom it. and stay at f2.8 so that the bokeh is nice at the background. ;)

Warder said:
These are some pics which I took recently for my friend at SDBA.

Scenic view from SDBA

Kindly give your most honest comments cause without criticisms there will be no rooms for improvements.

Hi Warder,

Good effort.

Remember to take note of the background when taking shots of couples.

As the Pana is a live EVF, you should be able to see exactly how the shot is going to turn out already e.g the exposure and the depth of field.

So take more time to mentally compose a shot and then look thru the viewfinder and see that it is as you have planned mentally then shoot.

josho said:
Zoom it. and stay at f2.8 so that the bokeh is nice at the background.

*whisper*:... josh... 50mm and 85mm f1.4.....shoot at f2.0... *rhair78 runs and hide in a corner*

ok i've held out long enough..
what's a bokeh?

Thanx for the advices, I'll look into the matter in my future edits. Really appreciated all ur opinions.

unseen said:
ok i've held out long enough..
what's a bokeh?

bokeh = background of shot

shallow depth of field = sharp subject, blurred and soft background
deep depth of field = sharp subject, less blurred and less soft background.

try shooting a subject with a another subject a little distance away in good lighting situation like bright sunlight. first in f2.8, and another in f8

you can clearly see the difference in the shots of the 2 subjects.

Didn't know that there are lots of people willing to share their knowledge down here.

As simple as. Bokeh = BLUR Back Ground. DOF - just a thin depth which after the dept its all blur.

Ricky- i know... u pass me ur 50mm 1.4 lor. :bsmilie:

Warder said:
Didn't know that there are lots of people willing to share their knowledge down here.

We share and learn together despite what cam all of us are using. :cool:

rhair78 said:
bokeh = background of shot

shallow depth of field = sharp subject, blurred and soft background
deep depth of field = sharp subject, less blurred and less soft background.

try shooting a subject with a another subject a little distance away in good lighting situation like bright sunlight. first in f2.8, and another in f8

you can clearly see the difference in the shots of the 2 subjects.

Just to add an example.
Shots taken handheld at night lar.. pardon the lousy quality.. but for illustration purpose only.

DOF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.