Wedding Photos not Received

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowSkin

Aug 9, 2008
mytreasurestoyou.blogspot.com
Hi all, need some tips/advice on dealing in such sticky situations.

We have paid our photographer in full and it has been more than 1.5 month since our wedding. The photographer does not seem sincere in meeting us up to pass us our album and the discs.

Earlier this week (around 4-6 Aug), we have agreed to meet up on Friday (8th) night to pass the photos to us but I waited till 2am (9Aug) without any response. It's only when I asked him again this morning that he told me he had a last minute photo shoot.

I already made it known to him that my weekends are not available that's why we arranged it on Fri night. And yet he ask me if I could go down to his studio on Sunday and worst still, if I am going to town on Sat (today).

Why does it appears that I am 'begging' for my photos?

Shouldn't it be the responsibility and courtesy of the photographer to pass us, the clients, our photos? Why do we have to accommodate to his schedule instead? I am reconsidering of hiring his services for future events.

;(

no company nor photographer name?

Do I have to disclose the name here? I'd wanted to keep it confidential for fear of ruining the working relations. Or so that's what I think for now.

I am reconsidering of hiring his services for future events.

Sorry to hear about your predicament especially your wedding at that.In the first place
what made you engaged this photographer ? Was he highly recommended or you got him thru
yellow pages ? Obviousy he screwed up your wedding pictures and now trying to avoid
the meeting since he's been paid.Payment should be made upon receiving your photos.

You mentioned that he had a studio the only recourse now is to go there and look for
him. After all this problem from him and you are still reconsidering of hiring his services
for future events ? I say forget him:nono:

Dear Zeisser,
thanks for the concern.
The payment wise, it was stated in the contract that remaining amount to be paid in full on the day of the wedding. That's why I said its fully paid. Hm.

I was first introduced to this photog by a friend of mine. We had a FOC couple shoot prior to the wedding and we were satisfied with the photos. However, this time around, I'm not sure why his service dropped to a near zero. Being busy and having last minute photo shoots doesn't seem like a good reason to me...

We are not free on this weekend and have no time to go down to his studio =( And I heard from him that he's going overseas this coming Monday... i supposed its a short trip for photography reasons. And next weekend we are away for our own trip too. Any delay will make this collection of photos an overdue one... =(

Sheesh!

Maybe get a friend or a relative to get for you this weekend? I believe they are most willing to help.

Hi Snowskin,

Did the contract state the delivery schedule for the entire package? I personally take anything from 6-8 weeks to deliver my coffee table books, so the time frame is not unusual.

Zeisser,

"Obviousy he screwed up your wedding pictures and now trying to avoid
the meeting since he's been paid.Payment should be made upon receiving your photos."

I think we can't assume anything since nobody's seen the photographs yet, so i don't think it's right to add fuel to the fire with a statement like that.

At the same time, the payment schedule is also decided by the photographer, and agreed upon by the couple signing on the dotted line.

Sorry to hear about your predicament especially your wedding at that.In the first place
what made you engaged this photographer ? Was he highly recommended or you got him thru
yellow pages ? Obviousy he screwed up your wedding pictures and now trying to avoid
the meeting since he's been paid.Payment should be made upon receiving your photos.

You mentioned that he had a studio the only recourse now is to go there and look for
him. After all this problem from him and you are still reconsidering of hiring his services
You are assuming the fault on the photographer base on one side story.

I will be back to post after my shoot.

Was there an agreement in the first place for the photos to be self-collected by the client, or was it promised to be delivered to the client. This procedure can vary from biz to biz.

if the photog does not state the reason for the delay...eg, waiting for the printer, waiting for the coffe table book to get done....etc. AND just keep comign up with excuses.....( missing meet up time! ) , I think it is reasonable to assume something is fishy.

Anyway,SnowSkin, you are correct not to post his/her name ......for now.

DT

Do I have to disclose the name here? I'd wanted to keep it confidential for fear of ruining the working relations. Or so that's what I think for now.

without revealing the name of studio and photographer is usually half the truth or fiction.

without revealing the name of studio and photographer is usually half the truth or fiction.

i think ts didnt want to post to prevent further hassle but i think what the photographer should do is to inform the client about the progress instead of coughing up excuses !

You are assuming the fault on the photographer base on one side story.

I will be back to post after my shoot.

Whether it's an assumption on my part on the fault of the photographer does no matter.
The principle of the whole thing is that the client had paid in full according to the contract
signed upon completion and it's imperative on the part of the service provider,ie the
photographer to fullfil his part of the contract by handing over the finished work without
delay.He must know the newly wed couple's anxiety to see the finished pictures and to also
share them with family and friends and to delay for 1.5 months is unacceptable.What kind
of a professional is he ? I for one will certainly not engage him again period !

Perhaps my comments on him screwing up the pictures is a bit off. I forgot that it's the
age of digital photography and pictures not turning up is not heard of. I was also a
wedding photographer during the nineties and shot weddings on film.My delivery time
of the finished pictures was 1 week and upon receiving my works only then I was paid
as that was my service terms.

That's beside the point here, to cause anxiety and I am sure stress upon the newly weds
who has to keep chasing for their pictures is totally absurd:thumbsd:

I dun noe the end product is what, but for me i took abt 1 mth for an coffee table album.

Last time i shoot film, i can hand over in abt 5 days, as dun need touch up. But coffee table album very siong, alot of end production involve.

Now digital actually more works.

Whether it's an assumption on my part on the fault of the photographer does no matter.
The principle of the whole thing is that the client had paid in full according to the contract
signed upon completion and it's imperative on the part of the service provider,ie the
photographer to fullfil his part of the contract by handing over the finished work without
delay.He must know the newly wed couple's anxiety to see the finished pictures and to also
share them with family and friends and to delay for 1.5 months is unacceptable.What kind
of a professional is he ? I for one will certainly not engage him again period !

Perhaps my comments on him screwing up the pictures is a bit off. I forgot that it's the
age of digital photography and pictures not turning up is not heard of. I was also a
wedding photographer during the nineties and shot weddings on film.My delivery time
of the finished pictures was 1 week and upon receiving my works only then I was paid

That's beside the point here, to cause anxiety and I am sure stress upon the newly weds

Now it's normal to collect full payment before shoot. U dun noe?

I'm referring to highlighted text below, the TS not even see his album yet, how would you know his photographer has screwed up the photos???

the meeting since he's been paid
.Payment should be made upon receiving your photos.

during the film days, not much post production works on the photographers side, most of us able to deliver the photo albums in a weeks time.

and nowadays, it is a norm for photographers to collect FULL payment before the shoot, beside, all wedding vendors are doing the same, why should a wedding photographers being paid last?

Well times changed but the point of contention here is that having a newly wed couple
coming in on forum asking for tips/advice on how to get their wedding pictures that is
certainly ONE BIG CHANGE.

let us all not assume anything before any concrete evidence is presented.

wat we do know now is that the TS has yet to receive her wedding albums and fotos.

as to whether the fotographer is avoiding the TS intentionally or not, we do not know.

take it easy ppl.

When someone doesn't name the other party, there's some reason to wonder why. Naming the other party puts the other side in the limelight and he/she will then face pressure to respond. It is only after hearing both sides can a conclusion be made.

Did the photographer remove his lens cap before shooting your wedding? Maybe no photos to show you, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.