Wedding Photos Around the World

doranlum

Sep 22, 2008
Hi all,

My gf and I are planning to travel around and also take our wedding shots along the way. It's not something we will do in a short period of time but maybe over 3 years plus. Our plan will be heading to places such as Taiwan, Sydney, Greece, Spain and etc.

We had heard of a couple friend who have did it but they had a good friend with them and he happen to be a professional photographer. Most of their shots were in casual clothing but they are both artist in their profession. It's quite troublesome to be carrying the wedding suit & gown around.

Just like to ask around if you all have seen any couples that have embark such a project but within a reasonable amount of budget.

As long as you got money, whatever you want to do, you can. The world's your oyster!

No money, you can 'influencing' some local photographers to do it by using some attractive keywords like 'portfolio' 'destination' 'budget', like we see some couples come here to try from time to time, especially those from a certain nearby country. Clubsnap seen it all over the years.

Friend who is a professional photographer thing. Great idea if he is getting compensated properly based on his normal rates or a reasonable discount for the friend thing. But if people are thinking of lowballing him or getting it free because he is a FRIEND... Very often, people think how can they make use of their professional photographer friends and get something out of him. Seldom think how can they value his friendship give him some business. Before taking, consider giving first, maybe life will give you back more later.

Apologise for the assuming post. Had grown too skeptical of such threads.

Last edited:
As long as you got money, whatever you want to do, you can. The world's your oyster!

No money, you can 'influencing' some local photographers to do it by using some attractive keywords like 'portfolio' 'destination' 'budget', like we see some couples come here to try from time to time, especially those from a certain nearby country. Clubsnap seen it all over the years.

Friend who is a professional photographer thing. Great idea if he is getting compensated properly based on his normal rates or a reasonable discount for the friend thing. But if people are thinking of lowballing him or getting it free because he is a FRIEND... Very often, people think how can they make use of their professional photographer friends and get something out of him. Seldom think how can they value his friendship give him some business. Before taking, consider giving first, maybe life will give you back more later.

I have no idea if they were lowballing their photograhy friend but they aren't such people.. either do I intend to do so because i also find it hard to have a friend to tag along my trips..

I'm just trying to explore alternative ideas ... i was even wondering if it's possible to do it ourselves using tripod but then decide that it would be too tedious and tiring for us

Last edited:
I have no idea if they were lowballing their photograhy friend but they aren't such people.. either do I intend to do so because i also find it hard to have a friend to tag along my trips..

I'm just trying to explore alternative ideas ... i was even wondering if it's possible to do it ourselves using tripod but then decide that it would be too tedious and tiring for us

Selfie stick?

Couple-with-a-selfie-stic-010.jpg

Look for local Photographer to do it for you? It's a lot cheaper then flying, housing plus food on top of his hourly rate to get one from SIN. Think of the concept and what effects you want beforehand and tell the photographer. If you are on holiday I will assume that you will bring along your SLR, Flash and tripod alone for those beautiful landscape and photos of the two of you.

other than buy a selfie stick, you can try this method.

both of you sign up with Model Mayham as models, than post a travel notice, you can look for tons of photographers at the cities you'r going to visit.

reminding me some time ago, a XMM model post a thread looking for photographer to do a TFCD couple shoot, she only look at the photographers who own a car.

and also countless models only agree to do TFCD shoot when the photographers able to provide makeup and wardrobe.

...???? what is TFCD?

Watch the show on TV round the world for free.

hahaha... at the lowball part. Yeah, true, some people (regardless of industry) like to lowball people just because they think they're friends then don't need to profit/eat rice :p