Wedding photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixor

Sep 11, 2007
Hey i would like to enquire about internship at wedding studios, do they even accept internship? most studios i see they only hire 1 photographer, what im saying issit ok if i do all the sai kang for him as long as i can learn something?

Some studios do. Look around for the bigger outfits, and study/compare what they offer as a career path/packages very carefully. There are decent businessman and there are sharks in any business.

If you get attached to a 1-man show, make sure he is a good teacher (some photographers are excellent in business and shooting, but not so good in teaching). Sometimes, working with just one main photographer allows you to learn a lot more.

All the best.

how would you know if that photographer is willing to 'show you the ropes', or how long will it be before that photographer 'show you the rope' if at all?

are you willing to work for free for months? or accept a salary of under $700?

these are wad i've been asked before. hope you have much better luck... :sweat:

are you willing to work for free for months? or accept a salary of under $700?

these are wad i've been asked before. hope you have much better luck... :sweat:

btw, an internship doesn't earn you a salary. its an allowance, and you're lucky if you even get one. some internships don't pay at all, since you're learning from them. basically if they give you an allowance its only going to be barely sufficient for food/travel and NOTHING else. thats my experience and that of nearly everyone i know. having said that, don't just look at how much the allowance is, but look at what your job scope is.

if you're going to be just doing sai kang throughout your internship, don't bother. but don't expect to not to any sai kang either of course :) good luck with finding your internship, and tell us where you're interning if you find one :)

thanks for sharing ur experience, thankfully i have moved on without killing my interesting in photography. :)

thanks for sharing ur experience, thankfully i have moved on without killing my interesting in photography. :)

haha if you don't mind me asking, where did you intern, and what was your job scope and allowance/pay? I'm looking to intern at a wedding studio or as a photographer with SPH (i have a contact there who's able to secure a place for me) and i want to do some research first as well.

not exactly OT here i hope

Status
Not open for further replies.