Wedding photography Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sirs,

this is my up comming project actually ill be shooting just for fun, but better to make it good, may i ask some tips and camera settings for wedding photography, what are the things i need to prepare, the lens to use i currently have a Canon 400D 18~200 Sigma f/3.5-6, 50 f/1.8, and a tamron 28-75 f/2.8,

what are the standard settings for indoor and out door wedding photography, and ehat are the things to consider when taking a wedding photo?

thank you very much sirs!!!

There's no standard settings but rather what exposure you want.

Basic composition techniques and your personal style counts a lot too.

there are no standard settings. if i were to tell u setting X, u might end up with under/over exposure / incorrect w/b and a whole lot of other problems. why don't you scout the location, see how the location is, rather than asking here and panicking when you reach on the AD, realising the standard settings do not apply?

a standard setting for wedding, is just like asking everyone wear same size of shoes, could this possible?

as long you know what you want, and any setting can get what you want is a good setting.

Do you have an external flash handy ?

Any type of wedding photography now or later you want to venture, will need around 70% an external flash unit.

Canon 580EX for this case is your best option ;)

you will definitely need an external flash.

your set up is good enough. i believe ur 28-75 will be on ur camera most of the time :D

try 1/60s or 1/30s aperture about 4.5 - 5.6, flash at 60 degrees with a bounce card.

one very important thing to rememeber, when shooting the bride, overexpose by abit. otherwise, the white gown will look greyish. other than that, just shoot it like a normal event.

that's where ETTEM comes in.

evaluative through the EYES metering. :bsmilie:

portrait shots or group shots to have properly exposed pic. extenal flash comes in handy in this part of the wedding pictures. understanding your exposure too..

but since its just for fun, other than the "properly exposed pic", just whack!! your 50 f/1.8 is excellent for candid. no need flash (to a certain extent), quite a good range/distance. try over f/2.2 and shoot shoot shoot! use your creativity, be unique.

how come its not advisible to use 18-200? :dunno:

why not? 18mm wide for group shots. tele for closed up. anything and everything is good! if u're in doubt, bring all.

you can ask the organiser if is there's adequete space, then you will bring the tele along. otherwise no chance to use! canon kit lens 18-55 and 50 f/1.8 is quite okay.

my 2cents

You can use any lens you wish. Juz take note of the strong and weak points of the respective lens you use and shoot accordingly.

Yawn..... 4.30am .... Gosh !! ..... Having Insomia due to the frequency of wedding shoots i do every month ... So here i am penning in my 2 cents worth ... Hope it'll be useful to you ...

Do not do more than 20% of your shots in 'Semi-Auto or Programme Mode' .... Use MANUAL
ALWAYS USE MANUAL MODE INDOORS ....

Do not Play Play when it comes to Tea Ceremonies or Family Portraits ... A client has the right not to pay you if the shots don't come out clear & sharp ....

If you think you've seen it all on the internet when it comes to wedding photography....
Think again... 'Blind Leading The Blind' ..... You may actually be learning or emulating the wrong stuffs as everyone's copying what they see on the net...

DEVELOPE YOUR OWN STYLE..... We whom are professionals don't leave our 'Trade Secrets' on the weddy for all to see and copy ....

regards,
albert chua of 'everafter pictures'

YAWN !!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz !!!! :what:

why not? 18mm wide for group shots. tele for closed up. anything and everything is good! if u're in doubt, bring all.

you can ask the organiser if is there's adequete space, then you will bring the tele along. otherwise no chance to use! canon kit lens 18-55 and 50 f/1.8 is quite okay.

my 2cents

Although I dun have this lens but my logic tells me that at 18m for group shots, there will be barrel distortion. Everything will be curved at the sides

and pple only marry one time la..

so must give your best shots...

(i know now is modern society.. pple marry more den once.. but stilll..... once in a lifetime yeah !! )

give it your best ! deliver nothing but the best, and also prove that the images you produce is better den those crappy PnS and the work u give worth their $$...

if not they start screwing ur backside like want more discount or worst. sue u or compensation... ;)

So scary, wedding couples spend at least 30k to have wedding day event,
and you are the ONLY ONE to cover the WHOLE event,
if you won't able to delivery results..............

Good luck to you.

So scary, wedding couples spend at least 30k to have wedding day event,
and you are the ONLY ONE to cover the WHOLE event,
if you won't able to delivery results..............

Good luck to you.

true. another advise from the master ! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.