Wedding Photography Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Need some input from couples who are getting married and getting photography services.

1. Do you like studio shots? Would you spend something like $2k to have studio/outdoor portraits of you and your other half?

2. Do you think such shots are meaningful? I mean, you don't even have to be real couples to shoot them, and they are not even representative of your big day.

3. Will you spend $1k or so at least to capture the memories and events of your big day? If not, why not? Isn't your big day important? It happens only ONCE in your lifetime!

4. If you answered NO to Q3 and YES to Q1, can you share your views on why you think studio shots are more important?

Let's have your feedback. It will be very helpful to everyone. Thanks!

Regards
CK

heh...

1. The cheapest package I've heard of people using is slightly more than $3k. Most often than not, a $3k package usually ends up costing $5k due to extra photos lar, extra enlargement lar etc etc etc....the list is endless. Of coz for half the price, u can get the same package in other countries like Malaysia, Taiwan. But it just ain't worth the trouble or the air tix.

2. Usually, couples think of such shot of youth. Rather than a representation of the Big Day. Gers think of themselves as the prettiest in a wedding garp. hence...therefore...well, you know why they insist on studio/outdoor photography sessions tht cost $5k lar.....yada ...yada.....

3. As with reason 2, simple reason as the ger in question won't look the best on the Big Day. After all those ceremonies, dun think the ger in question want her pic enlarged. But of coz for memory sake, she'll want another photographer to take these shots.....and yada..yada.....
Moreover, the Big Day is more of a Day of Ceremonies..... a formalised ceremony to take everyone that hey, I'm married to this so-and-so guy.

4. Well, again, studio shot is a must-must. Coz the ger in question looks absolutely angelic. QED.

Originally posted by Shadus
heh...

1. The cheapest package I've heard of people using is slightly more than $3k. Most often than not, a $3k package usually ends up costing $5k due to extra photos lar, extra enlargement lar etc etc etc....the list is endless. Of coz for half the price, u can get the same package in other countries like Malaysia, Taiwan. But it just ain't worth the trouble or the air tix.

2. Usually, couples think of such shot of youth. Rather than a representation of the Big Day. Gers think of themselves as the prettiest in a wedding garp. hence...therefore...well, you know why they insist on studio/outdoor photography sessions tht cost $5k lar.....yada ...yada.....

3. As with reason 2, simple reason as the ger in question won't look the best on the Big Day. After all those ceremonies, dun think the ger in question want her pic enlarged. But of coz for memory sake, she'll want another photographer to take these shots.....and yada..yada.....
Moreover, the Big Day is more of a Day of Ceremonies..... a formalised ceremony to take everyone that hey, I'm married to this so-and-so guy.

4. Well, again, studio shot is a must-must. Coz the ger in question looks absolutely angelic. QED.

Ah, so it's more or less a vanity issue! :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Ah, so it's more or less a vanity issue! :)
just think about it... when did you ever see a guy insist on a studio photo shoot for wedding? :D

as i recall, on the wedding day itself, lots of things can happen ('Murphy's law) and while it makes for interesting candids,
from the bride's perspective, that's not the point.

She's supposed to look her best (preferably on that day) but if not, the studio shoot will provide some lovely shots to keep her and him happy for some time.

yup, vanity issue..but isn't that the case with photography?
while it's fun to see someone with a not-so-nice pose (mouth too wide open etc) but for special occasions, people want nice portraits of themselves to keep (witness the graduation shoot...lots of makeup and gelled hair)

so..while i would still pay for actual day shoot, i still prefer some studio shots... indoor/outdoor type. And who says you can't be creative with those? They can be very meaningful if you arrange with the photographer in advance...

my two cents' worth..

argent2

Hurry up adeline, my free promotion will be ended soooooooon;p

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh

Err... You... err... Adeline... err... Am I missing a bigger picture here? :pPP
:bsmilie: I read my words again and found they are misleading indeed;p

*free* wedding photographer available for argent2 if she ... sooooooooooooooon:)

mmmmm........i earn my bucks from this couples......different ppl hav their own views......some ppl take pics for the sake of showing off that they hav got the power to spend...but there is still ppl tat they want to remember tat they r so pretty & handsome on that faithful day.....mmmm......i dun know wat i m saying.......

My sis's senario

1. She spent abt 6K fer her studio pics... aniwae.. she managed to take back her negatives and she developed most of her pics too

2. such shots is a MUST... U will get old one dae.. cherish the beautiful momentz.. i guess thats all abt photography

3. yeah.. 1K or more.. why not... but depends on quality and stuffz too

4. NO COMMENTZ... LOLZ

1. Yes. I spent more than RM4K on studio shots - this cost included 2 x wedding gown for the ceremony, multiple costume changes for studio shots & outdoor. Well, actually, we were quoted around RM2.5K, but as Shadus pointed out, there will be additional shots, another album, a 20x30 framed shot, etc, and the costs ballooned.

2. Yes, the shots are meaningful - they represent a turning point in your life where you are no longer just responsible for yourself.

3. Yes. Again, I spent around RM1K for photographer and videographer for the wedding day ceremonies (the photog was the same one that did our studio). On hindsight, maybe the videographer was not really necessary but Mum insisted :( .

Both studio shots and event shots are a necessary evil (for lack of a better term) - studio shots which invariably bring out the best, most radiant moments in the studio; and the event shots to record the happenings of the actual day itself (eg. Aunt Aggie drinking too much and then dancing on the table singing that dreadful Hokkien song). And in experience, very rarely do the bride and groom look their very best during the event day - there's so much running about, worrying, family conflicts/issues etc. - that having a studio shoot beforehand more or less guarantees that at least there will be some 'keepers'.

Originally posted by Darren
1. Yes. I spent more than RM4K on studio shots - this cost included 2 x wedding gown for the ceremony, multiple costume changes for studio shots & outdoor. Well, actually, we were quoted around RM2.5K, but as Shadus pointed out, there will be additional shots, another album, a 20x30 framed shot, etc, and the costs ballooned.

2. Yes, the shots are meaningful - they represent a turning point in your life where you are no longer just responsible for yourself.

3. Yes. Again, I spent around RM1K for photographer and videographer for the wedding day ceremonies (the photog was the same one that did our studio). On hindsight, maybe the videographer was not really necessary but Mum insisted :( .

Both studio shots and event shots are a necessary evil (for lack of a better term) - studio shots which invariably bring out the best, most radiant moments in the studio; and the event shots to record the happenings of the actual day itself (eg. Aunt Aggie drinking too much and then dancing on the table singing that dreadful Hokkien song). And in experience, very rarely do the bride and groom look their very best during the event day - there's so much running about, worrying, family conflicts/issues etc. - that having a studio shoot beforehand more or less guarantees that at least there will be some 'keepers'.

oooo............u done ur wedding in malaysia??? or u hired someone from there........for the money u spent may only come close to a basic package from Tanjong Pagar........:p

Originally posted by roti
oooo............u done ur wedding in malaysia??? or u hired someone from there........for the money u spent may only come close to a basic package from Tanjong Pagar........:p
ahhahaa ... errr.... I am Malaysian but moved here about 2+ years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.