Wedding Photography Course (2nd Class intake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavrin

Sep 6, 2002
Visit site
Hi all, after the success of the fully booked 2nd Wedding Photography course, Stanley Lim Colour Centre is organising the 3rd Wedding Photography course, for those interested, that is commencing soon.

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, Middle Road)
Instructor: Stanley Lim
Course fee: $350
Package:
8 lessons
inclusive of 1 studio flash lesson + model + 1 roll developing + 1 set 3R
inclusive of 1 outdoor model shoot + 1 roll developing + 1 set 3R
inclusive of basic studio practical lesson
Vacancies: 8

Those interested please proceed to the studio to pay the deposit to Joanne.
U can reach her at 98583502
Please PM after you have paid her so that I can update here.

Lessons will start after all 8 vacancies are filled up

Paiseh, we are receiving the 3rd intake oready!!!

Please feel free to make enquiries.

Since I am a student of the second intake, I shall give my 2 cents worth.
I am an amateur photographer taking pictures for leisure. Never have I imagine that I will be taking wedding pictures for people until my brother in law asked me to take his ROM shots. I must say I was quite flustered at my first attempt although the pictures turned out ok.
I found out that Stanley Lim was conducting a Actual Day Wedding course through ClubSnap and so I went down to see them. I must say I was very impressed with Joanne (Stanley’s wife) in my first visit. She took time and sat down with me, looked through the photos that I have taken and slowly guide me through their course content which includes 1)Photography Basics 2) Wedding Day workflow 3) Flash techniques, Eqpt Maintenance 4) Sales Negotiation 5) Outdoor Photography 6)Studio techniques and 2 sessions of outdoor practical and studio practical.
Stanley is a person who doesn’t hold anything back once he starts sharing with you his experiences which I must say it’s aplenty. His funny antics and wealth of experiences really makes you feel at home even for an amateur like me. He has been teaching us more than what he initially planned to do and I personally am very appreciative of his guidance.
After attending his second lesson, I was asked by my colleague to be her main wedding photographer. Stanley actually took time to explain to me what to look out for and even lend me his treasured Hammer flash. Of course the photos turned out very well compared to my first attempt. My colleague needless to say was overjoyed.
I would say that my overall photography skills have improved after attending his lessons. I was even able to apply his techniques and took pictures of my baby girl being delivered. My wife was surprised herself at the photos that turned out.
Those who have an interest in shooting portraits should actually go talk to Joanne or Stanley. I am sure, like me, you will walked out feeling more learned each time.

up................

sebastiansong said:
I am interested to learn as well...

any samply shots from the first course?

ya me too

sample shots would be most helpful

Crysania said:
How good must we be before signing up for the course?
Can we use digital cameras?

Digital users are welcomed to join in, the 1st and present intake of participants also have digital users and everyone still gets along fine using film or digital..no worries

cheers

anavrin said:
Digital users are welcomed to join in, the 1st and present intake of participants also have digital users and everyone still gets along fine using film or digital..no worries

cheers

yeah mi too...
but need to know when starts

MrSpace said:
yeah mi too...
but need to know when starts

Lessons will start once the class is full, any enquiries can call Joanne at the given no. or come down and see our fun and interactive class every friday!!

Paiseh but we are taking in the 3rd batch now.. not the 2nd intake.. have edited my initial post already

cheers said:
And for this coursemate and another, the photos are all printed and collected by their "clients". There is nothing they want to show off yet. And the "clients" of the newbies may also not want their images to be displayed. This is not a studio/outdoor outing where we shoot models and can display to show. This is a continuous learning process. What we have gained are intangible knowledge that are difficult to quantify in terms of successful portfolios as some of the coursemates cannot consider themselves veterans with a few lessons. .

totally agree with u dude!! u have spoken my mind..

Hi,

Would like to find out what accessories should I equipped myself with before joining this class?

1. Camera (35mm film format, I own a Nikn F80?)

2. Lenses - (I own a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D, 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6G, Sigma 105mm Macro f2.8. Are they suitable?)

3. Any flash accessories should I get to sync with the studio flashes? (I own a Nikon Speedlight SB22s, SC17?)

4. Anything else should I get to aviod hindrance while doing the practical sessions?

Pse enlighten. Regards

Can we have more details. It mentioned Fridays, can we have the time, duration and venue(base) of the course so that we can plan it within our own busy schedule. Thank you.

Hi all,
I was informed by Joanne that there are only 3 vacancies left. So for those of you who want to learn, just call them and I am sure they will answer your questions. Joanne's number is 98583502.

kim8luv said:
Hi all,
I was informed by Joanne that there are only 3 vacancies left. So for those of you who want to learn, just call them and I am sure they will answer your questions. Joanne's number is 98583502.

wah lau eh.. so fast post liao ar.. Joanne still wan to tell me to post wan...hahahha

Lessons are every Friday, from 8-10pm (usually longer) and is held at Stanley Lim Colour Centre at Midlink Plaza and Lessons will start once the class is full... so hurry up and sign up, only 3 slots left!!

anavrin said:
wah lau eh.. so fast post liao ar.. Joanne still wan to tell me to post wan...hahahha

Lessons are every Friday, from 8-10pm (usually longer) and is held at Stanley Lim Colour Centre at Midlink Plaza and Lessons will start once the class is full... so hurry up and sign up, only 3 slots left!!

juz to add on, i went down to enquire details and was surprised and delighted to realise that the insturctor, teachers based on skills and experiance , not equiptment. he uses the logic " its not the camera its the eye behind" and thir friendlynes is one of a kind too! ull feel at home there, it wun feel like a classroom, rather like a gathering. aniwae i went there at 1130 and the class was still going on so u can guess how they extend it.
yup onli 3 places left.. hurry!

Stanley Lim would like to thank all of those who have expressed their interests in the course itself.

The 3rd intake is now full. ;) ;) ;)

The 4th intake is now open for registration for those who are interested. It will be sheduled on Wednesdays evenings from 6pm to 8pm. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For those who are interested, please call Joanne 98583502

hi Stanley,

Is there any more intake available??? I'm using digital??? isit acceptable?? If there are, can u let me noe coz i'm quiet interested in this course.

cheers,
naz

nazeree said:
hi Stanley,

Is there any more intake available??? I'm using digital??? isit acceptable?? If there are, can u let me noe coz i'm quiet interested in this course.

cheers,
naz

Hello Naz, can read my post above.. me posted that digital users can join this course too...
will post some pics taken during our recent "class" outing...stay tuned..

Hi all,
I was just informed by Stanley that there are only 6 vacancies left in the Wednesday intake. For those who are interested, better call Joanne fast ;)
Cheers
Kim8Luv

hello all,

for those who have already registered for the wednesday class, lesson will starting at 7.30pm.... those participants with any problem with the timing pls contact Joanne....

Status
Not open for further replies.