Wedding Photographers, good & bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkyfinisto

Apr 23, 2007
Hi, i've been to serveral wedding dinners recently. Have found out something rgds to the wedding photographers. It have me wondering.
When going round table by table for photo taking. Do they all say the same thing "Take photo first, sorry still got other table to take, later then play... (something similar)" I do understand their meaning. But sometimes, it will tend to spoil the fun when wanting to "ta kan" the groom. But wondering, is this a common practice.

There is once incident, feel like slapping the photographer. No politeness, like we owe him money. Black face throughout the wedding. Demand us to take photo first, then say "play later lah" in a harsh tone. I pity the couple, cos the photographer cause the wedding to look ugly. Heard from friends, in the morning, he already give "piss off" face.
Of course there are better ones, smile, speak nicely... ok lah.

So to all wedding photographers, may i know wht is yr mindset towards services for wedding couples. Other then fault with the photographers, which kind of "jia lar" customer u experiences and hate. ;p

actually, we are helping the couple to avoid getting drunk... as for being rude, think its up to individual lah...

I cant help but say "Welcome to Singapore". what do you expect? politeness? courtesy? manners? haha wrong country my friend. As to the mindsets of the wedding photographer's here, its the same mindset as any cheap merchant/labour: get over with the job ASAP and get paid, doesnt matter how the product/service turns out.

I cant help but say "Welcome to Singapore". what do you expect? politeness? courtesy? manners? haha wrong country my friend.
well, thts bad for u, cos u think like 1.

wht i see in a wedding photographer, they help capturing moments of a couple's most important day of their life. It is every couple dream to have a perfect day. Basic coutesy dun hurt a little. ;)

I guess you are the only one think the wedding couple like to be sa bo by their "friends".

shooting countless wedding dinner, only encounter a groom so bo liao, bring a bottle go around jio people drink with him, let others keep wondering maybe something wrong with the bride, so he want to knock himself out at his "first night" with the bride.

anyway, most of the time is the couple or the parents want to finish the table shots first and fast, and it is very rude to miss out any table shots with their guests, and also very rude not to line up to bid the guests farewell at the end of dinner.

nowadays, if the couple want to party, can always ask their friends stay back to have fun together, why need compromise a few people and offend their own parents and the rest of the guests?

I cant help but say "Welcome to Singapore". what do you expect? politeness? courtesy? manners? haha wrong country my friend. As to the mindsets of the wedding photographer's here, its the same mindset as any cheap merchant/labour: get over with the job ASAP and get paid, doesnt matter how the product/service turns out.

eh hello.. please mind wat u say. and qualify ur statement without hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

usually in the contract is stated photography services till 1030 hrs
every extra hour charged at $1xx / hr

couple don mind to pay .. photographer can always take time to shoot
so am i correct? hehe

... As to the mindsets of the wedding photographer's here, its the same mindset as any cheap merchant/labour: get over with the job ASAP and get paid, doesnt matter how the product/service turns out.

I'm amazed at this kind of pre-historic mentality. Please don't go around making sweeping statements. In that one sentence, you've managed to insult the countless number of hardworking, responsible and creative wedding day photographers here in sg by making such a comment.

That's unfortunate, given that you've got one heck of an online album.

So to all wedding photographers, may i know wht is yr mindset towards services for wedding couples. Other then fault with the photographers, which kind of "jia lar" customer u experiences and hate. ;p

Hi, I never get so "involved" in my customers' weddings. Normally, I just follow the couple throughout the rounds without talking, the only time I talk is when everyone is ready for shoot, I'll maybe rearrange the people abit or just say "look here" and snap.

I've shot tableshots where almost every table also wants to "play" or toast to the couple, I find that as an opportunity to shoot toasting shots which can be nice.

I don't think I know all the wedding photographers here, but most I've known or work with here in CS, don't usually behave like what you discribed.

We are in a service-based industry, courtesy is a must to maintain a good reputation.

:thumbsd: Not all wedding photographers are like that. I have encountered good one where he actually help to bring out the festive mood of the occasion by cheering and cracking jokes. Don't make sweeping statement like this. :thumbsd: :nono:

Hi, I never get so "involved" in my customers' weddings. Normally, I just follow the couple throughout the rounds without talking, the only time I talk is when everyone is ready for shoot, I'll maybe rearrange the people abit or just say "look here" and snap.

I've shot tableshots where almost every table also wants to "play" or toast to the couple, I find that as an opportunity to shoot toasting shots which can be nice.

I don't think I know all the wedding photographers here, but most I've known or work with here in CS, don't usually behave like what you discribed.

We are in a service-based industry, courtesy is a must to maintain a good reputation.

:thumbsup: well said.:thumbsup:

if it is a 60 tables dinner - each table takan the groom for 15 - 30 minutes. then who are inconsiderate?

the comment of bilalsai reflects her low self esteem hence the need to criticise other to make herself look good.

The very same reason why people keep going back to some of the shops in Sim Lim Square even tho the sales folks are a bunch of rude buggers.

I'm charge an hourly rate and I'm pretty frank to tell the couple that the longer I stay, they more they'll have to pay me. Also, I make sure that there is a minimum number of hours that the couple has to book me and extra time is not by hour, but by half-hourly block.

Also, I don't do table to table shots because my client understands it's expensive labour for a task that their friends can do for them, and I rather they pay me to do something a lot more creative (and you can't be too creative with table shots, trust me, parents will jump)

Anyway, I've gone one whole big round, lesson here is how much your charge, also affects how much the client respect your time. Think about it.

In a single post you insulted the very country and her people you are living in. As well as fellow photographers. You do not deserve to be here!

It's a pity you feel this way. Commercial photographers are, afterall, businessmen (businesswomem). As this business is about referral, it would be the pride of every photographer to put in sufficiently good efforts and to deliver good/outstanding pictures. I am afraid your assumption does not accurately reflect the culture here indeed!

I have many friends who shoot with a passion for money shots. Some had been a in this professional for over 35yrs and are still going strong. Every comment on their pictures do affect them. If they held on to the mentality of doing a half hearted job, they probably wont survive in this race.

You seemed like a talented individual given the display of your pictures in your gallery. Perhaps an area you need to "Photoshop" is the way you perceive Singaporeans and photographers "here."

All the best to your endeavours anyway.

Sincerely
Photographer here

Then again, have you spare a thought for your friend?

Just imagine if groom is easily drunk or face and eyes turn red after a drink, his face and eyes will remain red throughout the rest of the table shoot. Everyone (esp the newly weds) will turn out nice in your table shoot but the groom got bloody red shot and sleepy eyes in the other table shoots, will it be nice then?

your words speak of arrogance unbearable even to the most tolerating ears. you insulted Singapore and you insulted those in the photography line in Singapore. you should go look for your ''right'' country and shut yourself up, far away from all the lowly behaviours in all the other ''wrong'' places.

Hi, i've been to serveral wedding dinners recently. Have found out something rgds to the wedding photographers. It have me wondering.
When going round table by table for photo taking. Do they all say the same thing "Take photo first, sorry still got other table to take, later then play... (something similar)" I do understand their meaning. But sometimes, it will tend to spoil the fun when wanting to "ta kan" the groom. But wondering, is this a common practice.

There is once incident, feel like slapping the photographer. No politeness, like we owe him money. Black face throughout the wedding. Demand us to take photo first, then say "play later lah" in a harsh tone. I pity the couple, cos the photographer cause the wedding to look ugly. Heard from friends, in the morning, he already give "piss off" face.

you just need to think about how you would feel if you're the bride and your beloved groom is getting all ''te kaned'' and drunk; or if you're the lonely photographer against a entire table of guests ''te kaning'' your clients.

from the way you wrote it seems that the photographer had offended you and your friends, may or may not be the photographer's fault, we don't know since we weren't there, the photographer might not have been tactful enough. but reversing the situation, did you all show reasonable respect for the person with a job to do or treat that person like a paid servant who should entertain every single guests of his/her client? it's always a 2 way thing why a black face is shown.

more often than not, wedding couples do have a time schedule to keep in wedding dinners held in restaurants and hotels alike.

the butler or the manager will be pretty nearby and ask for the proceedings to be done as fast as possible, such as table-to-table photography. these ppl want to go home much more eagerly than most photographers i guess.

i dun mind the tekan, the kajiao by friends. more photos can be shot and taken which are really good for the couples to look back on. in fact u need spontaneous and fun-loving guests in order to have really special and fun photos.

i pity u and ur sad 'one' experience. perhaps u haven't been to that many wedding dinners afterall to really have a more balanced outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.