Wedding Photographers, do you return all exposures to couples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zookeeper

Apr 23, 2002
zookeeper.clubsnap.org
Just wanted to check this out. For those of you who do wedding shoots, do you return ALL exposures to the couple, or do you reserve the right not to give certain shots which you are personally not satisfied with? (e.g. mild handshake, blocked by passer-bys etc?)

This is given that the minimum agreed no. of exposures has been delivered already.

What's the norm?

I keep a copy of the files and censor those CMIs and then pass everything on CDR(s) to the couple.

Originally posted by ckiang
I return all negs but remove bad pics from the final deliverables.

Regards
CK
If that is the case, there shold be a min. no. prints, you will promise to deliver right?

If for example, for every roll of shots you took, there were 5 to 6 exposures which turns out bad. Do you only return 31-32 prints/roll to the client?

Originally posted by scanner
If that is the case, there shold be a min. no. prints, you will promise to deliver right?

I have yet to see this happen from any wedding photographer so far ...

Originally posted by scanner

If for example, for every roll of shots you took, there were 5 to 6 exposures which turns out bad. Do you only return 31-32 prints/roll to the client?

If my failure rate so high, then liao already. ;p

But so far I only do for friends, only recently I have started to try to do freelance. Usually I just quote by roll. Usually I don't think the clients will go count the prints.... but I usually don't have that high a failure rate. :)

Regards
CK

Interesting! Thanks for the feedback so far.

I have different encounters for my own wedding and my friends' weddings.

One friend's photographer returned all negatives (film) and delivered only good prints. (like CKiang does.)

While another delivered only softcopy high-res for the successful shots which he also printed.

For my own wedding my photographer printed only selected shots, returned more softcopy high-res, but looking at the file numbers, I knew it wasn't all either.

So, I started wondering which is the norm? Coz I'm starting to take wedding pix for couples too, so I want to know. :)

Originally posted by Zookeeper
Interesting! Thanks for the feedback so far.

I have different encounters for my own wedding and my friends' weddings.

One friend's photographer returned all negatives (film) and delivered only good prints. (like CKiang does.)

While another delivered only softcopy high-res for the successful shots which he also printed.

For my own wedding my photographer printed only selected shots, returned more softcopy high-res, but looking at the file numbers, I knew it wasn't all either.

So, I started wondering which is the norm? Coz I'm starting to take wedding pix for couples too, so I want to know. :)

Set your own standards. :) You can even deliver mid-low res CD + prints if you so wish...

Regards
CK

Originally posted by espn
I keep a copy of the files and censor those CMIs and then pass everything on CDR(s) to the couple.
me too... i refuse to give final negs on the basis of quality control. had bad experience before where the client went to develop extras @ some auntie store and they look like crap, and then questioned me. so for the sake of my own reputation, i insist that future prints are done by me (gives me a chance to earn a few more cents too hahahah). :D

Originally posted by Larry
me too... i refuse to give final negs on the basis of quality control. had bad experience before where the client went to develop extras @ some auntie store and they look like crap, and then questioned me. so for the sake of my own reputation, i insist that future prints are done by me (gives me a chance to earn a few more cents too hahahah). :D
Agreed! I got this bad experience too. I used to use Fujifilm NPH400 and solely develop at Colorlab. My client also went to some auntie shop and ended up with color cast photos and blamed me for the spoilt negatives. Apparently the shop assistant blamed that the photographer spolit the negatives and claimed that his machine was prefectly alright! Crap!!!

Anyway now that I'm using digital, I usually give my clients the "good" photos in CD format.

on digital its easy, i load everything on the computer and screen for bad shots, delated them and voile!

Status
Not open for further replies.