wedding photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweakmax3

Deregistered
Sep 18, 2011
Can I ask if all pro will use full frame...

Pros use Medium Format. Go check it out. Some other pros use Leica M9 while some use Large Format. Other than that, they use cropped sensor cameras.

Whatever tools you use, is the results.

Do the couple care you use full frame, medium, APS....?

Are you considering to become a main wedding photographer? If so and you are asking this question, it really means that you are not ready yet. Try to tag along other professional photographers as their 2nd shooter or assistants will be more beneficial for your growth to become a wedding photographer in the future and won't ruin the big day of the wedding couples as well. The answer of "yes" or "no" from forum members here won't give you any meaningful answer.

some pro uses crop also

1. No. You use the camera you have.
2. If you need to ask this, you have much to learn.

Depends. FF gives better DOP and iso performance. crop gives more focal length.

Yes agree with you alot. In fact FX can pump up the ISO so during dinner no need use flash which can retain the ambience lighting

isaiahcheng said:

Haha you have the same problem as me. DOF always say till DOP.

You mean DOF?

Actually you're wrong in both cases. You get the same DOF, but since you need to shift closer to the subject to maintain the same frame subject size as on APS-C, you change the perspective, thus causing a thinner DOF.

As for ISO performance, you'll get better ISO performance from an APS-C D7000 than from a full-frame D3X - so it really depends on the sensor.

You do NOT get "more focal length", you just get a perceived focal length boost from the crop factor. In reality you could shoot with the full frame camera, then just crop out the centre aps-C sized portion and you're done.

Hmmm didn't know D3x iso performance is bad... :(

D3X is resolution king. Mostly used in the studio. In the field where ISO performance is important, D3s is the one most go for.

Cowseye said:
Hmmm didn't know D3x iso performance is bad... :(

It look bad only when compare with D3s.

I disagree partially. It should be pump up the ISO to get more ambient lighting, but still use the flash to ensure freezing moment. a TTL flash will balance the lighting with less power, but sometimes it can be off depending on the distance between u and your subject. That's where the flash compensation comes in.

Yes agree with you alot. In fact FX can pump up the ISO so during dinner no need use flash which can retain the ambience lighting

You mean DOF?

Actually you're wrong in both cases. You get the same DOF, but since you need to shift closer to the subject to maintain the same frame subject size as on APS-C, you change the perspective, thus causing a thinner DOF.

As for ISO performance, you'll get better ISO performance from an APS-C D7000 than from a full-frame D3X - so it really depends on the sensor.

You do NOT get "more focal length", you just get a perceived focal length boost from the crop factor. In reality you could shoot with the full frame camera, then just crop out the centre aps-C sized portion and you're done.

you sound like you are the smartest person here. it's proven:

================D7000============================

Focal length (mm) : 50
Selected f-stop : 1.4

Subject distance 5 m

Depth of field
Near limit 4.73 m
Far limit 5.3 m
Total 0.56 m

In front of subject 0.27 m (47%)
Behind subject 0.3 m (53%)

Hyperfocal distance 88.4 m