wedding photographer

alvinho

Oct 4, 2010
normal how many lens a wedding photographer carry and what are the lens?

Whatever lenses he/she feels they need for the day.

the professional's recommendation as followed :
1) telezoom lens
2) uwa lens
3) prime lens
4) normal lens

Total : 4

;)

Last edited:
how about canon 50mm f1.8 , tamron 17-50mm f2.8?

any other lens will be more suitable?

A wide zoom, a standard zoom/prime, telezoom, flash. The model of the lens/how wide/how long will be determined by how you shoot. You will find that you prefer some lenses over others, and those will be the lens you use. There is no one best lens that suits everyone, different people have different preferences.

I think most should be using 24-70m f/2.8 I maybe wrong.. personally, I preferred lens with wide aperture. My personal fav 50m f/1.4.. with this len, you really dun need to worry much abt not enough lighting. But of course, this len alone is definitely not good enough for wedding photography.. some should prefer 24m f/1.4 cause can accomodate more people into the screen. But having wide aperture will cause some problems. Experienced wedding photographers will know its limitation. So you really have to know your lens well before you could be a wedding photographer.

No suitable lens, just the ones you feel at ease is very important.

For me, 24-70, 70 - 200mm..........

else will be 50mm 1.4

I recommend:

D700 matched with a D3s.

24/1.4G
35/1.4G
85/1.4G
and if you are shooting further away, 70-200VR2.

You have these 4 lenses and the 2 FX bodies, sure win one!
;)

I recommend:

D700 matched with a D3s.

24/1.4G
35/1.4G
85/1.4G
and if you are shooting further away, 70-200VR2.

You have these 4 lenses and the 2 FX bodies, sure win one!
;)

sure win?? dun need skills????:bsmilie:

oh ok..thanks for all your sharing..anw i am using canon 550D..

Use the lenses that you have mastered. Most important is to capture the crucial things clearly and without blur under low light condition. You can then do the croppings at home to get the compositions you desire.

Use the lenses that you have mastered. Most important is to capture the crucial things clearly and without blur under low light condition. You can then do the croppings at home to get the compositions you desire.

Most compositional mistakes you cannot correct in PP or cropping. Especially when shooting portraits and weddings. So you know.

sounds like I can just stand one corner and happy-happy snap away as long as everything sharp and well-exposed, then go home crop away and the result will be swee swee :thumbsup:

Yes Ken is right! blurry images will spoiled the whole photos.. the couple will be very angry with you.. composition can be adjusted though the best is still your skill on that day itself.. I maybe wrong..

I think the most important thing to bring along is the RIGHT MOOD. Immense yourself in the joyous occasion and enjoy the event. I'm sure you will capture the photos your clients want.