Wedding photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microscope

Apr 14, 2009
Singapore
Hi all,

I always wonder what lenses and cameras do wedding photographers carry with them during pre-wedding, wedding day and wedding dinner photo shoot...

If you r a wedding photographer, please share your experiences with us... Thanks.

Cheers!;)

17-40L ? ( i don't own it lol )

Shot a wedding before. Two 1DII bodies, with 24-70/16-35 on one and a 85 f/1.8 on the other for close ups. A 580EX is on my belt in a pouch, along with a 35 f/2.

Lots of spare batteries (one for each body) and memory cards (3 2GB cards in reserve).

Shot a wedding before. Two 1DII bodies, with 24-70/16-35 on one and a 85 f/1.8 on the other for close ups. A 580EX is on my belt in a pouch, along with a 35 f/2.

Lots of spare batteries (one for each body) and memory cards (3 2GB cards in reserve).

wow...so heavy gear ar...tot of playing along during my sis wedding...but i only got my 450d wif kit lens, 55-250mm IS, 50mm f1.8 and a tumax flash nia...
then i scare later i blk the actual day photographer way too..
chui...

wow...so heavy gear ar...tot of playing along during my sis wedding...but i only got my 450d wif kit lens, 55-250mm IS, 50mm f1.8 and a tumax flash nia...
then i scare later i blk the actual day photographer way too..
chui...

It was a proper job. I normally don't shoot weddings, so that was a one off. All I have to say is, be conscious of the AD photographer and don't get in his way or in his shots (yes, even the background). That's arguably the number one pet peeve of most AD photographers.

It's okay to try and shoot a bit, but also be conscious of whether you're using flash. and if you are, try not to fight for shots at the same time as the AD photog or you may risk your flash ruining his image, and I've had that happen before, on an important group photo.

Dejavu... Anyhoo, for me, I carry two bodies and the morning will usually start with 17-40, 50. Evening dinner, 17-40 and 70-200. Both bodies usually have 580EXII attached.

I carry 24 AA batteries for flash and one Canon flash battery pack - usually only used during evening dinner. Cards wise, I carry all the cards I have... they're light la, it's the least that will kill me hah... duh. If there's on-location posed shoot requested, I will bring one light stand and 2 umbrellas. so far, I've never seen to the need to carry more than these (even if I have option to), make use of what you have! The more photo sessions you have, the lighter your camera bag will be. :)

and... I always carry (no la, bring) my brother with me as my assistant for heavy duty photoshoot sessions, esp AD wedding... else, cannot la.

I uses two lens

1) 28 - 75mm for wedding couple & general shots
2) 70 - 200mm for candids shots of guests

Cheers
Fuji

Thanks for the inputs... I got a few more questions...

1) On average, how many wedding shoots u do per month (exclude ghost month) :p

2) How much is the standard rate?

3) Do u like the job?? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.