Wedding photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLQ

Jan 31, 2005
Tampines & Sydney
Hi all,

do you all know roughly how much does it cost to get a wedding event photographer nowadays.
Tasks is for the whole day from morning to night. Just a rough figure will do. Coz my colleague is getting married but do not know how much to budget for this.

thank you for your help.

cheers-
CLQ

Pro Image said:
Post this under Consumer Corner.

You probably get more answers over there.....
Average is about 800 and up.

me heard frm my former boss dat can range frm 300 to 3000 depend on wat quality u want lor.
:sweat:

U call Russell Wong and other renowed names, I dun think $3K enuff oso. :D

jsbn said:
U call Russell Wong and other renowed names, I dun think $3K enuff oso. :D

He do AD wedding? :dunno: :dunno:

the compass photographers?

if they r too ex,
call me.
9 10 11 233
jude

wat about surfing the sgbrides forum instead....tt will give u an idea of how much ppl are PAYing instead of OFFERing for photog svs..

cheers..

Hi CLQ, I'm a wedding photographer, and with regard to pricing, it really depends on what your friend wants at the end of the day. Service fee can start anywhere from $800-3500 depending on the photographer, does your friend want the whole wedding shot on medium format film etc, after that it depends on the album you choose where the range can be anywhere from $250 to $5000. On average, most of my clients spend about $3500-4500 and i think for the Singapore market we are considered on the higher side. Hope this helps.

there's a certain hamster here that does it free

hey all.
thanks for the replies :)

when you all say 3000++ is it does studio photos?

what i meant was actually the photographer to go around with the couples to maybe churchs, homes, wedding dinners on the actual day.

as for studio, i do not know if my colleagues need the price too. i will check with her.

once again thank you all for the information.

best regards :)

ckuang said:
Hi CLQ, I'm a wedding photographer, and with regard to pricing, it really depends on what your friend wants at the end of the day. Service fee can start anywhere from $800-3500 depending on the photographer, does your friend want the whole wedding shot on medium format film etc, after that it depends on the album you choose where the range can be anywhere from $250 to $5000. On average, most of my clients spend about $3500-4500 and i think for the Singapore market we are considered on the higher side. Hope this helps.
Hey bro...
Thanks for the info. Will let my friend know :)
$5000 :bigeyes:. forgive my ignorance...i assume you are talking about the studio photos? or the package? coz meduim format for the actually day? coz i always thought that actual day (e,g church, tea sessions, wedding dinners) most photographer will use SLRs or DSLRs. hmmm... maybe a really am ignorant :sweat: ...

best regards,

espn said:
Look for me look for me... :)

haha, espn, too bad is not me getting married else i look for you :)
haha.
will let my colleague know about the wedding photographers here :)

judeseah said:
the compass photographers?

if they r too ex,
call me.
9 10 11 233
jude

thanks friend, will let my colleague know.

yanyewkay said:
there's a certain hamster here that does it free
Oh, yes, he does free service, but I think you have to be a member first......... heheh.

A average wedding day photography is around $800~$1k, spend more if ones can afford it, and try not to save money on this, because this is an once a lifetime event.

Witness said:
wat about surfing the sgbrides forum instead....tt will give u an idea of how much ppl are PAYing instead of OFFERing for photog svs..

cheers..

thanks witness,
will ask my friend to check the forum out

catchlights said:
Oh, yes, he does free service, but I think you have to be a member first......... heheh.

A average wedding day photography is around $800~$1k, spend more if ones can afford it, and try not to save money on this, because this is an once a lifetime event.

hey catchlights,
so lets say $1000. what is in the package.
coz i know last time with films, they will say how many rolls for films and also the photos printed, how many are size what etc. now with digital SLR how is the package now?

Thanks again.

cheers-

CLQ said:
Hey bro...
Thanks for the info. Will let my friend know :)
$5000 :bigeyes:. forgive my ignorance...i assume you are talking about the studio photos? or the package? coz meduim format for the actually day? coz i always thought that actual day (e,g church, tea sessions, wedding dinners) most photographer will use SLRs or DSLRs. hmmm... maybe a really am ignorant :sweat: ...

best regards,

Hi CLQ, no, it's not for studio photos. I only specialize in actual day photography so the $5K is towrds their actual day. Yes, most photogs use 35mm slrs, but the higher end ones may also use medium format. I do sometimes.
An increasing trend among couples is to forgo their pre wedding/studio shoot and just spend all the money on their actual day wedding photography. Or that's the way with most of my clients anyway. Can't really speak for other photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.