Wedding photographer shot dead by couple

gundambob

Oct 2, 2007
West of Little Red Dot
found the news on ninemsn: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/7936188/wedding-photographer-shot-dead-by-couple

A wedding photographer was accidentally shot dead by the couple he was photographing after he asked them to pose with guns.

Sicilian photographer Calogero Scimea, 45, was taking the wedding pictures of high school sweethearts Valentina Anitra, 22, and Ignazio Licodia, 25, when he asked them to use some hunting rifles as props.

One of the guns went off, killing the photographer in front of the horrified bride and groom, and their parents.

The accident happened just before the wedding party attended the church.

According to the UK's Daily Mail, the tragedy was compounded as the photographer was standing in for a colleague who was ill.

The rifles were legally held and the family is now talking to police.

found the news on ninemsn: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/7936188/wedding-photographer-shot-dead-by-couple

A wedding photographer was accidentally shot dead by the couple he was photographing after he asked them to pose with guns.

Sicilian photographer Calogero Scimea, 45, was taking the wedding pictures of high school sweethearts Valentina Anitra, 22, and Ignazio Licodia, 25, when he asked them to use some hunting rifles as props.

One of the guns went off, killing the photographer in front of the horrified bride and groom, and their parents.

According to the UK's Daily Mail, the tragedy was compounded as the photographer was standing in for a colleague who was ill.

imagine the scenario
photographer:"wait ar... i'm gonna shoot u. dun move, or photo not nice. pickup the rifles, and pretend hold dslr. like u wanna shoot me"

couple: "like this?"

bang.

:think:

i shoot u. u shoot me. u get photos. i die. rip photographer

Always make sure guns are unloaded, explosives are diffused, girls are contented, lions are full, men are sextified, food is made with happy chefs and brakes on bicycle are working..

This is your 7 commandments to survival in this wretched life..

Always make sure guns are unloaded, explosives are diffused, girls are contented, lions are full, men are sextified, food is made with happy chefs and brakes on bicycle are working..

That last one got me into serious photography leh :embrass:
After my accident last year, I never got back on the bike but instead switched hobby :p

Obviously bridegroom and photographer never gone through NS.

Never co*k and put to 'safe' meh? :think:

That's scary!

It's like letting people drive without a driving license. :sweat:

I feel sorry for the pg...but think again...it's rather silly and careless to die like this....

That's why I always wear my bullet proof vest when I shoot wedding:

Foto%20vest%20Nikon.jpg

Don't play play.

to what i know, the US peeps always keep their guns loaded and ready .

i know little abit guns but dont u have to pull the thingy (dunno what issit called) on top of the gun and that squeeze the trigger before u can shoot ???
So many steps and the couple still managed to 'accidently' shoot the photographer.
holy cow.

When I read the title of your thread, I thought the wedding photos are very badly taken and the couple hate the photographer :bsmilie:

I believe wedding photographers in USA will have two more line in their contract.
"You are not allow to carry loaded weapons during the photoshoot" :bsmilie:
"You cannot shoot me if the photos don't meet your expectation" :bsmilie:

Hey, its in Sicily. Family business, you know?

ha! good one

it is sad and funny at the same time. Really a Dark Joke.

thankfully, most of the local male photographers know how to "CHECK, CLEAR"

This reminds me of a time during my reservist days....
There was a bobo NS man. He was trying to be helpful and help my cell to Check, Clear all our rifles while returning our stores.
This bobo NS man was clearing our arms in the store. (talk about common sense, cheessh)
I was about to remind him.... "hey bro, dont clear the rifles in the...... *BANG*BANG*BANG"

thankfully it was only blanks

I thought the couple really dislike the photos taken buy the photog lol.