Wedding Photographer Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so as to not hijack the other thread, I thought I would start another thread. As mentioned in a previous thread, I was thinking of organizing a wedding photographer get together.

For: semi professional and professional wedding photographers

Purpose: To get together and get to know each other so we can work together instead of fighting one another. To come up with ways of co operation, sharing of resources and business ideas. However, this will NOT be a meeting to discuss shutter speed, aperatures, technical stuff.

Proposed date: Wednesday evening 19th of April 7-10pm [ I have not suggested Fridays or weekends because I am thinking most pros would be shooting on the weekends.]

Venue: Please suggest. I don't mind coming up with some samll amount of money to book a place if someone can suggest a place. But please no unreasonable requests like the suite at Ritz Carlton or something like that. My initial thought is one of the cafes along Haji Lane.

To give suggestions for venue, please add to this thread. To RSVP, please email me at ckuang@yahoo.com

Hope to meet all of you.

very very gd, i am interested.

Hey Joho, whay don't you suggest a date? I'm not hard and fast about the date or the time. I just didn't pick weekends because we're probably working and daytime because some of us have other jobs. But if you can give me a date and time that would be great. Thanks

how about this week?

maybe a weeknight evening... say thursday 13 apr 7pm?

i guess maybe everyone interested could put an available for this month.. ahah then majority wins?

let's say weeknights in april. for me this week is good, after that all weeknites in april i'm not available liow.. tied up with an ongoing event. :)

i dun mind......want dinner...wat about somewhere in town...say marina square?

Hey Witness, sounds great. Do oy uknow any restraunt where we can kinda stand up, mingle around, etc? Actually, if no one has any ideas, I was going to recommend Blue Oasis Cafe on Bussorah street just in front of Sultan Mosque.

i dunno...if wanna chill and eat....there's billy bombers/ spagettis/ food court (its super spacious)/ etc etc at marina...

hmm........... looks good.. erm.. can suggest wed ? thurs not free leh :(

I am interested, but 13th April is definitely out for me.
Keep me posted for next meet-up.

hmm cafe's near haji lane sounds good :think: i dun mind...*cough cough*.
and dun have to go all out to make sure everyone makes it, just a couple of us to start the ball rolling would be good.

19th April 7pm
1) ckuang
2) eadwine
3) <insert name here>

me wanna join too, but xactly which date? 13 or 19 april?

eadwine said:
hmm cafe's near haji lane sounds good :think: i dun mind...*cough cough*.
and dun have to go all out to make sure everyone makes it, just a couple of us to start the ball rolling would be good.

19th April 7pm
1) ckuang
2) eadwine
3) Will03
4) <insert name here>

sounds cool... interested to join in but me shoot mostly malay wedding. Can be considered? Will like to know more bout other races wedding routine, customary and stuff and me will share info on my side too. though not that much lah... Let me know ya

rolzink said:
sounds cool... interested to join in but me shoot mostly malay wedding. Can be considered? Will like to know more bout other races wedding routine, customary and stuff and me will share info on my side too. though not that much lah... Let me know ya
Definitely! We (at least for me) would also like to learn about the Malay wedding customary! Welcome!

To respond to the get-together, yes I guess majority wins on selecting the meeting day. I'm not free on Weds, so 19th is out. Hope to look out for more favourable meeting dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.