Wedding Photobooks?

electron

Jan 11, 2008
Where is a recommended place to get one done, and what size (large square, landscape or portrait)?

You could try Gloryworkz.
Its abit expensive but the quality is worth the money.
Another alternative is Just1Book.
The quality is alright but the pricing is slightly more suited for people with a lower budget.

I agree with tainted on Gloryworkz' book quality. The owner is also kind and easy to deal with.

For Photobooks with pages printed on thick paper, like you see in those wedding coffee table albums, do they need special artwork?

I'm asking coz I called up Just1book and the lady on the phone told me those are their premier book series and it's normally done for professional photographers who know how to do pagination, layout, etc. She said its not just about knowing how to use Photoshop..

So does that mean I can't print those high end looking coffee table albums but need to go to a professional studio to do it? Thanks for any advices..

Last edited:
For Photobooks with pages printed on thick paper, like you see in those wedding coffee table albums, do they need special artwork?

I'm asking coz I called up Just1book and the lady on the phone told me those are their premier book series and it's normally done for professional photographers who know how to do pagination, layout, etc. She said its not just about knowing how to use Photoshop..

So does that mean I can't print those high end looking coffee table albums but need to go to a professional studio to do it? Thanks for any advices..

nonsense...i think she is trying to say...dont give her do the artwork...cos they just print.

and seriously you dont need much photoshop to do these stuff.obviously she dont know much about photoshop. and pros dont use photoshop to do layout...they use stuff like indesign with template...photoshop is meant to photo editing not layout !.

i use photo shop to layout.:)

nonsense...i think she is trying to say...dont give her do the artwork...cos they just print.

and seriously you dont need much photoshop to do these stuff.obviously she dont know much about photoshop. and pros dont use photoshop to do layout...they use stuff like indesign with template...photoshop is meant to photo editing not layout !.

@masrudyn
just1book dun do your artwork. You design and send in for prints. You might want to head down and check out physically instead.

@wildsoyabean
Photoshop can do more than just photo editing. I do layout in PS for my couple's wedding albums.

Thanks guys for your comments. Actually, I wasn't expecting them to do the artwork, I will be doing the artwork myself. I was asking them for their premier series, is there any difference in the format that I need to send them. That's when the lady on the phone told me that for the premier series, I have to know more stuff like pagination/layout and using Photoshop is just not enough and they only deal with professionals who know their stuff. I wanted to ask more by what she meant but she said she was busy.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments, I will be going to down to other printers to seek clarification.

don be disheartened... winston from just1book is very friendly.
and the woman who answered ur call can be blunt at times.
but she's just being sraight forward.
i got the same... but... she is a superb gem when i went down.
true, that they only do prnting.

if you need more clarification, do drop by their place.
sometimes they get hundreds of calls to ask abt prices and all.
some, just to enquire abt nonsense. (trust me when i say tt cos u wont know the type of calls rcvd until u are in the 'hot seat')
i'm sure you'll have a better picture of what they can offer.

just a humble opinion on their great services.
value for money.

also, might i ask... kpo kpo a bit ah... how much is goryworkz charging for their album set?
checked in the website and they dont really have a price list. :S
any idea?
just a rough gauge for two 12 by 12 photoalbums in a boxed set.

Quite a few erroneous assumptions on your part ...
For one thing, I never brought up Photoshop, the caller did.
And another thing, my desktop publishing experience spans 2 decades. We're talking Adobe back when their applications were individual apps and not suites, PageMaker back when it was under Aldus, QuarkXPress, CorelDraw, etc. So I suppose I can say with some assurance that I know the difference between image editing and page layout applications :bsmilie:

And as others have pointed out, Photoshop can be used for layout ... as long as one knows what one is doing ;)

And yes I was that lady who answered the poster's phone call. My name is Mildred :)

Last edited:
Have a look at www.blurb.com they do decent books at good prices.

I've seen a book produced by Apple so if you're a mac user it might be worth investigating that option, they're more expensive than Blurb but slightly better quality.

Thanks guys for your comments. Actually, I wasn't expecting them to do the artwork, I will be doing the artwork myself. I was asking them for their premier series, is there any difference in the format that I need to send them. That's when the lady on the phone told me that for the premier series, I have to know more stuff like pagination/layout and using Photoshop is just not enough and they only deal with professionals who know their stuff. I wanted to ask more by what she meant but she said she was busy.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments, I will be going to down to other printers to seek clarification.

My name is Mildred and I was the lady you spoke with.
Yes, I was indeed busy at that time - I explained that I was attending to customers in the shop. So I hope you understand that I couldnt stay too long over the phone.

I'm afraid you misunderstood me over the phone :( We have consumers and professionals using our services and certainly quite a mix of newbies and pros among them. We also see photographers with and without graphic design backgrounds. With experience and knowledge, they know how to prepare their images for book & album printing. We also serve seasoned graphic designers who submit full artwork. We happily serve them all :thumbsup:

Anyway, the invitation still stands, you are welcome to drop by the shop where we can show & explain how to submit layout and artwork suitable for the kind of book/album that you intend to make (... it's not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing ;) ). I hope you understand that it isn't easy to explain design & technicalities over the phone especially to someone without a graphic design background. It is also a lot easier to visualise when looking at actual samples rather than just talking over the phone.

And Mr Habib is right about phone calls... we even have people phoning us for directions because they are wandering lost in the MRT Station :)

$Kingsleaf Image 1.jpg

Do check out www.kingsleaf.com, if you want professional quality album but don't want to break the bank for it. Used to be exclusively for professional photographers only. Now open to public as well. Free album layout provided as well. No need for complex softwares. Cheers.