wedding outdoor

snaem85

May 31, 2009
hi,

hope i am not in the wrong place by posting this.

just getting ideas on places which is nice to take outdoor shots.

currently have decided on national museum. another place to choose.

any suggestions?

thanks!

I suggest you follow the CS terms of use and SEARCH first. This is a very very very very very common question, to the point where there's even a sticky in the land/cityscapes section.

And nobody is going to tell you their "secret spot". Why should we give you our ricebowl? You should do your own exploring and research and explore somemore, that's part of being a photographer.

ok noted.

ricebowl? i'm getting married this weekend, and will be doing my outdoor shoot next week. in no way, i'm a photographer.
just brainstorming ideas for more places to shortlist from, thats all.

i did a searched on "wedding outdoor" too. but many threads from photography service directory and wedding portfolios came out. none about suggestions on outdoor shoots.
perhaps i should have searched on another term, and not "wedding outdoor".

my apologies.

ok noted.

ricebowl? i'm getting married this weekend, and will be doing my outdoor shoot next week. in no way, i'm a photographer.

Aaaah, you were not clear. By default, most people posting here are photographers - so I apologize for the confusion.

You can pick any good outdoor location, like the museums, parks (fort canning is right there), botanical gardens, etc etc. All depends on your creativity, and realistically your photographer should have a good list in his head.

I think it's more meaningful if you shoot at places that are of significance to you, like where you first met, your first date, first kiss etc

If the places are at places where it's " not possible " to shoot, maybe you can work around it. Ask for the place's management permission, or shoot form afar but with still have that place in the background

I suggest you follow the CS terms of use and SEARCH first. This is a very very very very very common question, to the point where there's even a sticky in the land/cityscapes section.

And nobody is going to tell you their "secret spot". Why should we give you our ricebowl? You should do your own exploring and research and explore somemore, that's part of being a photographer.

........... mind sharing some secret spots? ......don't want ricebowl ...... just a few grains will suffice .........please..... I am getting married :p ...... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Hi Snaem85,

Congratulations on your wedding. for those pre-wedding shoots, I saw some do it at Botanical Gardens, in Changi Business Park, The NSSC in Safra, the Esplanade mall and even in Padang. The greatest i saw is I think was a day before the F1 race 2009, they shoot near the race track in the singapore flyer, lucky i dont have a camera that time i would have gone with them and shoot :D

snaem85 said:
ok noted.

i did a searched on "wedding outdoor" too. but many threads from photography service directory and wedding portfolios came out. none about suggestions on outdoor shoots.

my apologies.

You can narrow down search location to a particular subforum like the "General Tech Talk" which I have given suggestion to someone asking exactly the same thing like you.

photoart said:
I think it's more meaningful if you shoot at places that are of significance to you, like where you first met, your first date, first kiss etc

If the places are at places where it's " not possible " to shoot, maybe you can work around it. Ask for the place's management permission, or shoot form afar but with still have that place in the background

Very good suggestion. It can be a pub, restaurant, movie theater,etc. Just be prepared to pay to use the place for a location shoot. Timing will be their non-operating hours.

hmm... the singapore trails are common places. Like on one of the Bridges. or fort canning. personally i think you will have to figure out which place can house studio photog equipment, has sufficient space, has sufficient lighting or if your photog has sufficient lighting, and most impt what the place means to you. just a newbie's two cents

ok noted.

my apologies.
using advance search, Search single content type, keywords " wedding, location", Search in Forum(s) "General Discussion", Find post "Any date", show results as "threads", you will have many useful results