EOS500N

Jul 24, 2003
www.pbase.com
29668862.jpg

29672719.jpg

29672724.jpg

29672725.jpg

29672728.jpg

Nice portrait shots you've got here. Mood is there. However, some candid shots have quite a lot of distractions there. For e.g., the one with the kids using mobile phone shouldn't include the camera man.

You the main or backup camera man?

Virgo said:
Nice portrait shots you've got here. Mood is there. However, some candid shots have quite a lot of distractions there. For e.g., the one with the kids using mobile phone shouldn't include the camera man.

You the main or backup camera man?
thanx for the encouragement! :D

including the photog in the kiddies shot was fully intentional. i couldn't do a thing about the coffee jugs though. n of cos the person walking away's distracting as well. ;p was trying 2 capture the moment then. portraying the kids vying for a shot with the photog. i feel dat by excluding the photog, the shot will not work. :think:

i was 1 of 2 photogs dat day. no main or backup. i'm the groom's fren & the other photog was the bride's fren.

Love the colours and detail...I thinkt the one with the kids, cell phone and the photographer is ... ok...there's contrast there.

I particularly like the last shot with the waiters etc...may I ask how was that shot achieved?

Curious and willing to learn.

Thanks

Picard said:
Love the colours and detail...I thinkt the one with the kids, cell phone and the photographer is ... ok...there's contrast there.

I particularly like the last shot with the waiters etc...may I ask how was that shot achieved?

Thanks
thanx for viewing. hope u enjoyed the pics. ;)

the waiters shot was simply done using a slow shutter speed. i believe it set it at 1/15s. u gotta practice handholding at slow speeds 2 get it relatively sharp. hence any movement will naturally result in trails. those non-moving objects will remain sharp.

i oso pre-focused on the area slightly in front of where the 3rd waitress (only 1 whose face is focused) is. i was shooting w/o flash but in continuous burst mode. this shot is 1 of a series of 6 images captured continuously.

last but not least. a zoom radial blur filter was added in photoshop for the final effect. of cos u can achieve dat by zooming yr lens while doing a long exposure. but i wasn't about ready 2 miss the moment by trying dat!!! :bsmilie:

hope this helps...

Picard said:

Thanks

To add to this, you can also do it easily in PS, under filter -> blur -> radial blur. Experiment!

27789247.jpg

Virgo said:
To add to this, you can also do it easily in PS, under filter -> blur -> radial blur. Experiment!

27789247.jpg
ah ha! botanic gardens at eco lake area.

the candle + silhouette one :thumbsup:

EOS500N said:
thanx for viewing. hope u enjoyed the pics. ;)

the waiters shot was simply done using a slow shutter speed. i believe it set it at 1/15s. u gotta practice handholding at slow speeds 2 get it relatively sharp. hence any movement will naturally result in trails. those non-moving objects will remain sharp.

i oso pre-focused on the area slightly in front of where the 3rd waitress (only 1 whose face is focused) is. i was shooting w/o flash but in continuous burst mode. this shot is 1 of a series of 6 images captured continuously.

last but not least. a zoom radial blur filter was added in photoshop for the final effect. of cos u can achieve dat by zooming yr lens while doing a long exposure. but i wasn't about ready 2 miss the moment by trying dat!!! :bsmilie:

hope this helps...

Just another question from a newbie. :D If you zoom your lens while you're doing a long exposure, will the changing size of the subject cause the subject to blur? Also, how do u avoid hand shake while zooming the lens?

Just want to find out more about this technique

Stoned said:
Just another question from a newbie. :D If you zoom your lens while you're doing a long exposure, will the changing size of the subject cause the subject to blur?

yes

Stoned said:
Also, how do u avoid hand shake while zooming the lens?

mount everything on tripod and zoom carefully but decisively

actually since zooming causes image blur in radial direction..=> a little bit of cam shake in zigzag direction also wont die lor :)

Pretty nice, most of them are keepers. The one with the L lens + kid doesn't tell anything though.

Just one question, how come the ones in white wedding gown, her face is slimmer....then the ones in kua, her face is rounder and fatter?

the one with L & the 2 girls shows that u must use kwanon L then can have nice nice pics as in the pic itself ! :D :bsmilie:

hehe..on a more serious note, the L guy on the left is probably servign the role of a "framing element" to help frame the 2 girls sicne they r the subject of that shot

2100 said:
Pretty nice, most of them are keepers. The one with the L lens + kid doesn't tell anything though.

Just one question, how come the ones in white wedding gown, her face is slimmer....then the ones in kua, her face is rounder and fatter?

i just notice that too! maybe is the kua?

clive said:
the candle + silhouette one :thumbsup:
thanx! it was a spur of the moment thing. never tried it b4. was trying 2 get the wedding couple's silhouette in the doorway. i noticed a light source on the onlookers on the left. used dat 2 dimly illuminate them. overall turned out ok. at least i think so. ;p

Stoned said:
Just another question from a newbie. :D If you zoom your lens while you're doing a long exposure, will the changing size of the subject cause the subject to blur? Also, how do u avoid hand shake while zooming the lens?

Just want to find out more about this technique
as wat clive mentioned, since u're zooming, u'll b blurring the image already. so slight handshake wouldn't do much 2 alter the image.

juz b as steady as u can. zoom smoothly in 1 motion. it depends on how long u're gonna expose the shot. u can even pause in between zooms at different focal lengths 2 achieve special effects. try it out on colorful street or building signboards or x'mas lightings. best 2 use a tripod for such long exposures.

2100 said:

i believe its all a matter of angle n perception. wearing different colors of clothings can alter 1's appearance.

similarly, shooting from different angles, b it low, high, left or right will oso show a person's facade differently. more so with a wide angle lens. n oh yes lighting oso plays a part.

wat do u think?

clive said:
the one with L & the 2 girls shows that u must use kwanon L then can have nice nice pics as in the pic itself ! :D :bsmilie:

hehe..on a more serious note, the L guy on the left is probably servign the role of a "framing element" to help frame the 2 girls sicne they r the subject of that shot
u read my intentions pretty well. which is why i chose not 2 include the whole photog int he frame. juz his cam.

unfortunately my position & lack of reaction time didn't allow me 2 attempt this shot from another angle. but come 2 think of it, i really can't find an angle 2 squeeze the gals, the photog & the wedding couple in the same frame; n yet tell the story behind it.

well, nobody said photography's always easy anyway... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.