Wedding/Event Shooters. What objects do u hate most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Personally, my biggest enemy has got to be mirrors and highly reflective objects.... in all the wrong areas. :sweat:

What's ur enemy?

Some retard walking past the lens just as I am about to press the shutter release at a crucial moment.

Yo man. So lonely like me on a bustling Sunday evening? :(

Yeah... I guess retards can be considered as an object as well. Breathing, animated and living.... objects. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Yo man. So lonely like me on a bustling Sunday evening? :(

Yeah... I guess retards can be considered as an object as well. Breathing, animated and living.... objects. :bsmilie:

I classify those as objects because they're not capable of thought.

G-man said:
Some retard walking past the lens just as I am about to press the shutter release at a crucial moment.

This is more like an everyday thing :think:

sudden heads popping up...and those prize winners rushing for their prizes and not posing for the camera...

G-man said:
they're not retards... they're probably dear guests of the bride or groom, or of the event organiser.

jOhO said:
they're not retards... they're probably dear guests of the bride or groom, or of the event organiser.

Doesn't change their status since anyone who doesn't have the mental agility of a rabbit dropping would know that the photographer is paid to capture those special moments which CANNOT be repeated most times and to be blindly blocking the photographer from a prize shot is like inconveniencing others for your own convenience.

the reason why there are special moments are becos of such people. without them, no moments, no need to pay for an expensive photographer, such as yourself?

i will have to agree with joho on this...

if without your 'so called' retards, would it still be any fun? just a wedding with the bride and groom and no one else? so that the photog can get all the special moments?

and if its a dear fren or someone close to you getting married, wouldn you be interested in everything thats happening and popping your head in everywhere to kaypoh kaypoh how things are?

I hate it when after taking pictures of the day, the client says, "Eh can give discount not?" even after the price has already been agreed.:angry:

jOhO said:
the reason why there are special moments are becos of such people. without them, no moments, no need to pay for an expensive photographer, such as yourself?

Joho, fwiw I don't do wedding shoots nor do I get paid to do photography, BUT I do observe at wedddings or events and quite frankly, I don't see how having retards and braindead fools popping up to block the photographer while he is doing his shoot as being special. Perhaps you care to enlighten me? There is a difference between being inconsiderate and genuinely being unaware. Once or twice, I can attribute to being unaware but when it happens all the time, it's plain inconsiderate.

Arcanic, fact is, I am not saying there cannot be people nor am I saying everyone should give way to the photographer all the time. Take for example the exchange of kisses or the rings, it's a special moment for the bride and groom and what better way to mess up a shot than to have someone inconsiderate enough to suddenly pop up?

And guys, if you don't like my remarks, then let's agree to disagree. jsbn started a topic on what objects irk us when we do shoots for events or weddings so I am giving my slant on things. I am sure you have your own ideas of what irk you so there.

Grub said:
I hate it when after taking pictures of the day, the client says, "Eh can give discount not?" even after the price has already been agreed.:angry:

It doesn't just happen in photography but yea, some people just want to push it. Can't blame them for trying though. I can live with that since often I find it easier to explain why I cannot lower my prices for my services. :)

jOhO said:

Agreed.

I never blame the guests blocking my cam as I always think positively that they are too eager or excited and thus unaware of the photog.

G-man said:
It doesn't just happen in photography but yea, some people just want to push it. Can't blame them for trying though. I can live with that since often I find it easier to explain why I cannot lower my prices for my services. :)
Like my Master said... "Give discount 1 time and u have to give discounts for an eternity!" :bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
Agreed.

I never blame the guests blocking my cam as I always think positively that they are too eager or excited and thus unaware of the photog.

Nobody said anything about blaming, just stating what I dislike.

Paul_Yeo said:
Agreed.

When it happens once or twice, and it ruins ur shots outright (I mean the HEAD smack right in front of the couple) without any mode of salvation, ok still can understand.

But when u make urself very visible and ppl butt in their heads to take a picture for themselves, u are being PAID to do The Job and blocking you on intent without caring 2 hoots abt who's official & who's backup.... now that qualifies as a retard. Fully qualified, professional retard.

Encountered such ppl once. I was the backup so I wasn't in a qualifying position to get absolutely pissed, but it still pissed me off all the same. The next time as a main, I'm gonna stretch my elbows to the max. Grrr....

jsbn said:
Chill man. Have a beer. :bsmilie:

Ya it helps if you don't have last min appt. Hahahahahah. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Most unfortunate that is. I'll arrange for 1 more once my leg is completely healed and I can run and jump like any other human beings. :)

BTW, try to make it for the next round yah? Beings of the female species are welcomed too. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.