Wedding dinner using built-in flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEV

May 3, 2005
:dunno: went to attend my wife's friend dinner recently and saw 2 photographers using build in flash and shoot all night long... dun know what will be end products...:confused: was kind of speechless when i saw that.

Nothing new......

Maybe the couple did not even hire any photographers? Maybe those are friends? I have attended wedding where there are no photographers was hired but many friends and relatives just use their P&S to shoot for the couples. :bsmilie:

no.. heard they are enaged from jb from the bridal studio. nothing personally against photographers there, but for indoor photography using direct flash from built in cam are :sweat: .

that shows that you never know what you going to get when you engage photographers from studio, esp if studio charge you cheap like $400.

STEV said:
no.. heard they are enaged from jb from the bridal studio. nothing personally against photographers there, but for indoor photography using direct flash from built in cam are :sweat: .

From what I have heard those JB photographers usually being paid by the studio only about SGD$150-200 to shoot for couples in Singapore. Some have no choice but LL have to shoot for the bridal studio.

madmacs said:
that shows that you never know what you going to get when you engage photographers from studio, esp if studio charge you cheap like $400.

Usually, studio photographers skills are ok for actual wedding day shoots but you will not get higher standard like JOHO and Kelvin. JOHO and Kelvin do post process but those in JB just shoot, transfer and print.:bsmilie:

STEV said:
:dunno: went to attend my wife's friend dinner recently and saw 2 photographers using build in flash and shoot all night long... dun know what will be end products...:confused: was kind of speechless when i saw that.
If u are saying Tea Ceremony, well I had done it with built in flash. Shadows a little harsh on the walls. But bo pian, cos flash battery ran completely flat.

If u are talking wedding dinner... I don't know how the hell that is going to be possible. Serious.

it's the end results that count. as long as they can deliver, using built-in or external, doesn't really matter much, and having external flash does not automatically mean good results (e.g. bouncing off high or colored ceilings could make things worse!).

that said, i like to use elaborate flash setup (wireless trigger plus Lightsphere) for weddings, especially when i'm just a backup.... quite fun ;p

mpenza said:
it's the end results that count. as long as they can deliver, using built-in or external, doesn't really matter much, and having external flash does not automatically mean good results (e.g. bouncing off high or colored ceilings could make things worse!).

that said, i like to use elaborate flash setup (wireless trigger plus Lightsphere) for weddings, especially when i'm just a backup.... quite fun ;p
Jio me along to back up you next time, I'll do CLS ;p

Pro Image said:
Usually, studio photographers skills are ok for actual wedding day shoots but you will not get higher standard like JOHO and Kelvin. JOHO and Kelvin do post process but those in JB just shoot, transfer and print.:bsmilie:

i dont doubt the skills of the studio photographers. but when they offer you cheap actual day services, it is unlikely the studio photographers will be involved. more like subcon to freelancers. happened to my brother before - even very out of focus pics also put in album. :sweat:

hmm...think of it. i wonder if my bro got assigned a jb photographer :think:

If u are saying Tea Ceremony, well I had done it with built in flash. Shadows a little harsh on the walls. But bo pian, cos flash battery ran completely flat.

If u are talking wedding dinner... I don't know how the hell that is going to be possible. Serious.

with v. high ceilings somemore...:what: normally i brought 20 AA size batteries out for wedding, if built in flash is able to make it, well that cut a lot of the weights...

mpenza said:

ya.. that's true, without knowledge of the equipment, pictures might look worse than pns camera... That's set apart cameraman n photographer i guess.

do u brought tripod for the setup? kee..kee... must try one day.

Well, if the photographers happen to be cheap, then that explains everything.

But really, not all couples really bother about actual day photography. The fact that so many of them have their budget between $0-$50 sums up a lot. They are not so interested in whether your pics turn out with great composition and exposure. Can see face, can already. They just want the table-to-table shots to see who got come that day to give ang-pao. There are many photographers who do exactly that, and they still have many satisfied customers.

Then again, any camera also can. But chao-chao also must have one external flash, lah. :p

STEV said:

with v. high ceilings somemore...:what: normally i brought 20 AA size batteries out for wedding, if built in flash is able to make it, well that cut a lot of the weights...
wish i could use "batteries running flat" as an excuse for poorly lit images.. :think:

STEV said:
do u brought tripod for the setup? kee..kee... must try one day.

no tripod or monopod... handheld all the way (usually 20D+10-22 in one hand and 580EX in the other) ;p

jOhO said:
wish i could use "batteries running flat" as an excuse for poorly lit images.. :think:

that's why always brought more batteries out, havent encounter this problem yet and hope will not happen to me too...
but if really bobiah like what jsbn encounter, i will use the pop up flash too:dunno:

synapseman said:
But really, not all couples really bother about actual day photography. The fact that so many of them have their budget between $0-$50 sums up a lot. They are not so interested in whether your pics turn out with great composition and exposure. Can see face, can already. They just want the table-to-table shots to see who got come that day to give ang-pao.

hmm.... sad to said what you said are quite true.

What's wrong with using inbuilt flash? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.