Wedding Coverage - Film to Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgoh

Jan 25, 2003
Hi,

What film do you use for covering a wedding ceremony? Would only be shooting in the day. venue being a hotel ballroom and a church.

Any ideas welcomed.

chgoh

try fuji superia 400.. used that in the last wedding n no problem

Originally posted by chgoh
Hi,

What film do you use for covering a wedding ceremony? Would only be shooting in the day. venue being a hotel ballroom and a church.

Any ideas welcomed.

chgoh
Strongly recommend NPH400 or press 800 depends on the lighting condition. Rate the NPH at 320 and press 800 at 640. Check out the characteristics of both film. Both films are good for wedding shots. ;)

Dun think the superior 400 can matched with NPH. To mentioned a few (the superior is a consumer grade film, where else the NPH is a pro film):

1. The superior 400 film have the tendency of redish cast on the
skin tone, where else the NPH offers netural tone.
2. You don't suffer much grainy effect even if you pushed NPH 1
stop (But must processed in a good lab).
3. and the list will go on..........

:D

Originally posted by scanner
Strongly recommend NPH400 or press 800 depends on the lighting condition. Rate the NPH at 320 and press 800 at 640. Check out the characteristics of both film. Both films are good for wedding shots. ;)

Wouldn't Press800 be too grainy when enlarge to 8x10?

chgoh

chgoh
I've not try enlarging press 800 to 8R size before. So can't really comment on that. But, if the lighting condition is not ideal, you don't have any much choice, a underexposed pic is more grainy even printing in small size! :devil:

Originally posted by scanner
I've not try enlarging press 800 to 8R size before. So can't really comment on that. But, if the lighting condition is not ideal, you don't have any much choice, a underexposed pic is more grainy even printing in small size! :devil:

I see. I guess you would not recommend flash for this type of event?

chgoh

Originally posted by djchris
use flash..

Thanks for the tip. Would you be using 400 or 800 film with flash?

chgoh

I see. I guess you would not recommend flash for this type of event?

chgoh

why dont use flash? of course use flash...if not everything got motion blur...
nice and creative but general consumers will frown at all that blur...:D

chgoh

I've tried taking a 20 person group shot with Press800. Horrid lighting. f5.6, 1/8 Ambient. Had to use manual mode, f5.6, 15. FEC +1/2. FE lock (with e-ttl).

Blew it up to S8R. Not too bad. Was almost as good as Superia 400 (in 400 conditions). FEC and FEL to be safe and make sure you hold your breathe when you squeeze the trigger.

Hope it helps.

Cheers...

Originally posted by showtime
delta 3200 is super for the grainly feel...
imagine when its blown up to 10R...;p

Why delta 400 and not other popular ones like Tmax TriX etc?
As for chromogenic films, T400CN would be the choice?

In what situations do you feel you need a grainy look for indoor weddings?

Originally posted by hyun
Why delta 400 and not other popular ones like Tmax TriX etc?
As for chromogenic films, T400CN would be the choice?

In what situations do you feel you need a grainy look for indoor weddings?

oh those you mention definitely can... delta serie has less grain than its counterparts. for example, delta 400 vs hp5 (400),

i would use grainy look for creative photography... but some might not appreciate it...

Well, I don't believe that there's one film that fits all situation. It all depends on the individual needs and requirements. I've used superia 200 with no problems and feel that it works beautiful (you would need a strong flashlight or course).

Though professional film is more 'proffesional', it doesn't mean you'll get better pictures. It depends on the requirement of the photographer. If you need to blow up your picture real big, maybe a professional film would be better. If not, normal films are fine. You should also test out the various types of films to find out what you really like, and which ever work best for your shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.