wedding backup photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
www.yummibear.multiply.com
i will be do my friend wedding backup photographer.
i have several qtns in doubts, seeking help , anyone?

1. Indoor – flash head tilt angle, use of bounce card
2. Outdoor – flash head tilt angle, use of bounce card
3. When to use Bounce card
4. Size of bounce card.

Camera

1. What mode to use when taking photos
2. Landscape or Portrait for wedding couple

yumyum said:
i will be do my friend wedding backup photographer.
i have several qtns in doubts, seeking help , anyone?

4. Size of bounce card.

Camera

<-- depend on the area. If ceiling is too high , use bounce card with 45 degree tilt. [and reduce the power a bit :D]
Best to try the Gary Fong LSPJ, was using it for a wedding and few indoor event .. its justified the cost of it :)

<-- depends on the setting. I do direct with stofen to soften the flash whenever I do a fill flash.

<-- when direct flash is too harsh or to reduce background shadow.

4. Size of bounce card.
<-- if you dun mind, can try bringing your kitchen cutting matt :)
* I am serious .. a friend of mine did that for his family photos :D *

<-- A for fast selective DoF playaround. But the lighting changes a lot and you are not fast enuf , use P. "Weddings are about moments and those does not last long" [ Robby N. , my master for wedding snaps ]

<-- depends .. but my personal pref. .. Portrait :D

hey dude,

Canonised had already said...... you are posting in the wrong sub-forums...any questions/ queries should be discussed at KOPITIAM :) This is meant for uploading of wedding images.... MODS here will move this away shortly.

yumyum said:
not sure my equipment good enuff?
D50 + 18-55mm lens + 70-300mm + SB800?

Good lah.
D50 + SB-800 are your main advantage. Play around with the kit lens, you might not get insane bokehs .. but at least you can get some moments and PS it to get some bokeh.

+ you are the backup photog, just snap n have fun @ the wedding :thumbsup:

AhV said:
hey dude,

Canonised had already said...... you are posting in the wrong sub-forums...any questions/ queries should be discussed at KOPITIAM :) This is meant for uploading of wedding images.... MODS here will move this away shortly.

sorry

b18 said:
Good lah.
D50 + SB-800 are your main advantage. Play around with the kit lens, you might not get insane bokehs .. but at least you can get some moments and PS it to get some bokeh.

+ you are the backup photog, just snap n have fun @ the wedding :thumbsup:

then will there be a need to use my 70-300mm? (i dun think a need to use 70-300mm)???

Dude ..... wrong place to post for views .... goto Kopitiam..... :cry:

yumyum said:
not sure my equipment good enuff?
D50 + 18-55mm lens + 70-300mm + SB800?
The issue here is not equipment. With what you have in the hands of some one who knows what they are doing - ie how to work the equipment and how to do the photography - the tools you have are more than enough. If you are asking fundamental questions on how to work the equipment - assume since you are are not sure, then you need to practice before this event. It is not possible to compress so much information into a couple of paragraphs - books have been written to inform the reader of how to begin to approach such activities.The other piece of advise I can give you is this - keep out of the offical photogs way meaning simply do not stand infront of him/her, directly behind him/her, stand on the open pathway side and box him/her between you and the wall. Actually it may be best not to shot at all and just observe how he/she does their thing.

I don't think there's any problem with your equipment.. have some confident, since you are the backup can try to use tele lens for some special moment..:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.