Wedding anniversary photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryfiasco

Apr 4, 2008
East
I need some advise & help.
I'm helping my friend to take shots of their wedding anniversary.
Sad to say, i'm their 1 & only photographer.

Problem is, im very new to it. I owned a 400D, normal kit lens w/o IS, 50mm F1.8 & a 75-300 Zoom & a sunpak flash.

The anniversary is held in a church chapel, yellow lights & high ceiling. Indoor.
What should i be looking out for?
What kind of lens should i be using?
Is there any kind of shots that i should be taking; portraits, abstract or?????

Its only nxt wk......:sweat:

I admire your courage:bigeyes:
Good Luck to your friend.
However, please equip, yourself with 2 body, a wide and zoom len with bigger F stop.
techical wise, it based on your experience....but you can alway use P mode lor;) and PP later.

Problem is, im very new to it. I owned a 400D, normal kit lens w/o IS, 50mm F1.8 & a 75-300 Zoom & a sunpak flash.

The anniversary is held in a church chapel, yellow lights & high ceiling. Indoor.

Well, if your friend is asking you, they are probably not expecting professional photography. Chat with them to see what they want photographed. It will help to know more about the programme for the entire event, so you know where to stationed yourself to capture the shot. Also find out about what you can and cannot photograph in church during the ceremony.

I also noticed you only have tele range. It might help to have a wide angle for the event, esp the group shots.

Important thing is that your friend want to remember the day through your photographs, so no pressure ok? :bsmilie:

If they ask you to shoot, good luck to them..

If you volunteer yourself, good luck to you..

anyway, you can find 1001 "pro tips", "how to shoot a wedding", etc from the internet, but they are nothing unless you experiment and practice them till there become your own experience.

Whatever it is now, they are your guinea pig in your hand, enjoy your experiment.

i think it's best you hire one who has experience as a gift to your friend.
can hire me if you want!;)

I admire your courage:bigeyes:
Good Luck to your friend.
However, please equip, yourself with 2 body, a wide and zoom len with bigger F stop.
techical wise, it based on your experience....but you can alway use P mode lor;) and PP later.

Thx for the advise, but u mention P mode...
Is P mode affected if i take the shots in RAW format.
cos, i was thinking of taking the shots in RAW (more room to play with the WB in PS).
But i also do not wan the shots to be underexposed, doing PS will be a drag then.

Thx for the advise, but u mention P mode...
Is P mode affected if i take the shots in RAW format.
cos, i was thinking of taking the shots in RAW (more room to play with the WB in PS).
But i also do not wan the shots to be underexposed, doing PS will be a drag then.

OMG, u dun even know P mode!!! :bigeyes:

Hahahaha.... My friend knows that im not experience in e field, but he wanna give me the opportunity to shoot... ;)

But i'm limited by the lens i have.
How much is an average wide angle lens in the market?

OMG, u dun even know P mode!!! :bigeyes:

I know the P mode. But i have never take shots in RAW before, so how does RAW affect the various mode im shooting in? or how does the different modes affect RAW?

Hahahaha.... My friend knows that im not experience in e field, but he wanna give me the opportunity to shoot... ;)

Now I really admire your friend's courage.

anyway, go and check out some lens and cameras rental service here, so you can get the best equipments you can find, and you will not have any limitation on your gears.

Now I really admire your friend's courage.

anyway, go and check out some lens and cameras rental service here, so you can get the best equipments you can find, and you will not have any limitation on your gears.
]

Thanks, checking out the threads now, bookmark them too. :)
Do you have any wide angle lens to recommend for canon?

]

Thanks, checking out the threads now, bookmark them too. :)
Do you have any wide angle lens to recommend for canon?
10-22 and 17-55/2.8

edit: 10-22 can be used for dramatic shots of the whole interior with the couple in the foreground.
17-55 more for group shots.

both are EF-S lenses but you're using 400D so there's no issues at all.

wedding anniversary every year will have once.. so can afford to experiment lah. your friends should know your standards before accepting your offer or asking you to shoot so I believe you should have what it takes.

i hope you did advise them to find someone first before settling for you. no offence but knowing you might not be capable, you should not take the assignment solely because you are given the chance.

weigh the consequences of you gaining and them losing. :)

10-22 and 17-55/2.8

edit: 10-22 can be used for dramatic shots of the whole interior with the couple in the foreground.
17-55 more for group shots.

both are EF-S lenses but you're using 400D so there's no issues at all.

wedding anniversary every year will have once.. so can afford to experiment lah. your friends should know your standards before accepting your offer or asking you to shoot so I believe you should have what it takes.
sound like you are saying no good next year can try again....:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i hope you did advise them to find someone first before settling for you. no offence but knowing you might not be capable, you should not take the assignment solely because you are given the chance.

weigh the consequences of you gaining and them losing. :)
some time someone have kena once or twice, so will have better understanding of what others are trying to tell them all day long, so I guess this is part of the learning process.

So, Let it be.

Use your standard lens and Sunpack flash and bring a friend or an XMM from CS and test it in the location before the actual shot.

If you can't get it right the first time try it until you're at least technically perfect.

This is your opportunity to impress the couple, yourself and the Kopitiam kaki. :D

sound like you are saying no good next year can try again....:bsmilie:

Next year the couple will find someone else and you'll find the same question post here again by the newbie.

This will happen year after year until the couple decides to post in the Service Wanted/Offered for a free and experienced photographer with a great porfolio to show. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.