Webspace and Email on ClubSNAP - update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
We sincerely apologise to all current signed-up members for the delay in restoring their webspace and galleries. The setup of accounts are 95% complete and we are waiting for the DNS servers to propagate the new domains before releasing to the public (DNS propagation could take as long as 72 hrs - we are hoping it will be less than that).

Consolation is that, from the re-launch, we will have ALL services ready for the existing signed-up members - webspace, new gallery software as well as your email account. AND, your PM limit will be raised to 200 PMs.

As a reminder, once we get the webspace up and running for the existing members, we will open up subscription for new webspace.

The plans are as follows:-

Basic
100MB webspace
10MB POP email
200 Private Messages limit
Pre-install Private Photo Gallery
$60 per year, payable upon sign-up.

Premium
200MB webspace
20MB POP email
300 Private Messages limit
Pre-install Private Photo Gallery
$100 per year, payable upon sign-up.

As soon as the webspace server is up and running and publically accessibly, I will post the singup URLs here.

200 PM ? WOW.. better than current 70. Will it only take effect after the webspace server is up and running again ? Btw, you mentioned new gallery software, so does it means that our previous gallery and photos on the webspace is wiped out and we have to recreate them again ? Thanks.

majere2sg said:
200 PM ? WOW.. better than current 70. Will it only take effect after the webspace server is up and running again ? Btw, you mentioned new gallery software, so does it means that our previous gallery and photos on the webspace is wiped out and we have to recreate them again ? Thanks.

Nope, your Previous Gallery and Photos will not be wiped out.

[Cross Finger] :sweat:

majere2sg said:
I am migrating the current paid members one-by-one to the new increased 200 PM limit ... its a manual, back-breaking labour intensive task... my index finger click, click, click, gonna drop off liao.

When u go to your PM inbox, you will see the increased limit - if dun see wait a while, maybe havent come to do your account yet ;)

GREAT!!!!

once everything online, I would like to upgrade to 200MB webspace. maybe you can workout an upgrade plan?

Is the email account POP3 or just web-based? I'm intending to terminate my singnet account and use the email full time...

darkness said:
Is the email account POP3 or just web-based? I'm intending to terminate my singnet account and use the email full time...
Email is POP3

So how do we sign up. Do I PM darren or is there any place I need to go down personally to sign up and make payment on the spot? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Same question, want to sign up but don know who, where, how, when to pay

forbytes said:
So how do we sign up. Do I PM darren or is there any place I need to go down personally to sign up and make payment on the spot? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

For those who want to sign up, please hang on a little while more as I am preparing a "How-To-Sign-Up" guide.

I will have the material posted and will announce the URL to sign up hopefully by this time tomorrow.

Any possibility of the setup of a 'dummy' or 'test' account for members who want to look at the different gallery formats, interfaces avilable and just basically see what's avilable for the subscription paying user?

I'm not html or whatever programming language savvy, so I would depend alot on the defaults avilable to display my work.

With such accounts, more people with some doubts or queries that can't be answered without trying out can try it out, and your subscription base can increase also.

Thks. :D .

this new news is excellent. now paid members will be given more pms also!. good incentive to join now hehe. do let us know when the sign up procedure is finalised

cheers

mr_jason said:
Any possibility of the setup of a 'dummy' or 'test' account for members who want to look at the different gallery formats, interfaces avilable and just basically see what's avilable for the subscription paying user?

I'm not html or whatever programming language savvy, so I would depend alot on the defaults avilable to display my work.

With such accounts, more people with some doubts or queries that can't be answered without trying out can try it out, and your subscription base can increase also.

Thks. :D .
If you want to see the gallery interface at work, check out mine ;)

http://darren.clubsnap.org/gallery

mr_jason said:

or set up your own website instead.... something like this

Thank you to all webspace members for your patience while we migrated your data to the new servers.

The great news is that all the webspace accounts have been created, tested (briefly) and are all up and running. If we have missed anyone out during the migration process (eg. you didn't get the Welcome email, and yournick.clubsnap.org doesn't work/exist), please inform us immediately.

And while we have taken every precaution and safeguard during the data migration, we sincerely apologise if there are anything missing or damaged.

An email with your username, password and login URLs has been sent to your email address (obtained from ClubSNAP user information).

Thank you!!

just got the mail. does that mean that, once the DNS servers are updated with our url's, we should be able to access our sites as what we did before, or does the h-system login screen popup?

Status
Not open for further replies.