website for LX3 tutorial/tips for total noob at photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagheart

Oct 6, 2006
just got my LX3 last night....i think i might have bought the wrong cam lol.
I thought i'd be able to grasp the concept but i'm such a noob at photography.
never use digicam before, the last time i took picture was using the disposable camera long time ago in the 90s lol.

so any pointers?

for a start what is logo P (Program Shift) and M (Manual) differnce?

i took some shots with iA, full auto...when it's a bit cloudy or dark, the result is like trash...sigh

if u new in photography, maybe you could start from here

you may try ask panasonic themselves. see whether they conduct any workshop or not?
they do have workshop for their compact series.

Take your time, try the camera in all modes, learn what it can do. You have the luxury of an endless roll of film!!! Main thing is have patience, and as others have said, learn about light.

I have been playing with the LX3 for about a month now and being a DSLR user for some time, I can tell you the results are very good under various conditions.

(Dare I say RTFM?)

when i bought my lx3 less than 1 month ago owners are not eligible for the free training by panasonic - not in their list.

thanks for all the tips...the website given very useful. How to achieve soft blurred background without doing those macro shots (for flowers and stuff) ? for eg. like the Bruce Dale gallery for LX3 on the website...got photo of young boy in the rain with soft background (light blurring)

Status
Not open for further replies.