website design price ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
1)To secure a xxx.com.sg > is one time payment or annual ?
2)How much do I need to pay for a website which sells product?
3)Need to have mailing list and such
4)NO need special effect (animation and stuff)
5)Monthly maintenance and updating
6)Recommand a friend or professional (with sites they designs)

RGDs

For web design, why not DIY? ;) There are many opensource software out there that you can use and customize :cool:

I do this website myself...it is actually quite fun exploring and trying :D

http://www.shashinki.com/shop/

If you can find a host that have Fantastico installed with some commerce software, then it is even easier for you to start! :thumbsup:

simon80 said:
1)To secure a xxx.com.sg > is one time payment or annual ?
2)How much do I need to pay for a website which sells product?
3)Need to have mailing list and such
4)NO need special effect (animation and stuff)
5)Monthly maintenance and updating
6)Recommand a friend or professional (with sites they designs)

RGDs

1) Annual, need a local registered company
2) depends on the hosting package
3) depends on the software included
4) cheaper... ;p
5) can be done yourself, if u wan the hosting guy to do it, just pay more, they send the cdr to you...
6) hmm... not me... :bsmilie:

Kho King said:
For web design, why not DIY? ;) There are many opensource software out there that you can use and customize :cool:

I do this website myself...it is actually quite fun exploring and trying :D

If you can find a host that have Fantastico installed with some commerce software, then it is even easier for you to start! :thumbsup:

looks good enough for me ..
wats a fantastico thingy with commerce software ..

how much to pay?

I only know how to surf CS :bsmilie:

simon80 said:
looks good enough for me ..
wats a fantastico thingy with commerce software ..

I only know how to surf CS :bsmilie:

u can search for 1 with Cpanel & Fantastico... have mambo preinstalled, think also have oscommerce (imho, harder to use) think have other carts installed too...

if u know how to install windows or office... this is just plain simple...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u can search for 1 with Cpanel & Fantastico... have mambo preinstalled, think also have oscommerce (imho, harder to use) think have other carts installed too...

if u know how to install windows or office... this is just plain simple...

most Open Source freewares require a certain degree of customization before you can actually use it to suit your needs.

Installing is too easy (only 5 clicks or less) if one has cpanel and fanstastico installed in their server, but customization is the difficult part. Need times and interest in doing...or that's where the experts earn their living... ;p

koh kho king, ur initials are KKK. same as me! (sorry, out of topic)

Anyway, simon80, you are probably looking for a simple webstore something like this rite?
www.trendnet.com.sg

if that's what you're looking for, that is oscommerce with minimal customisation.
you should be able to get a quotation from any local webhost easily.

www.sgwebhostingtalk.com <-- lots of small, cheap webhosts in SG for you to pick, but i recommend u go for trusted ones, dun only look at the pricing.

alankuik ;)

How about asking Darren if Clubsnap gives hosting and provide Fanstastico or not?

For OSCommerce, I suggest at least change the default colours so that it makes your site more unique from others.

There are lots of discussion in OSC forums, which I suggest a must if you want to install and use OSC. There is a very good thread there called How to make a worst OSC site... ;p

(I can actually setup a basic OSC for you (tell me your budget) with some interesting features which I feel is a MUST :) )

Kho King said:
alankuik ;)

How about asking Darren if Clubsnap gives hosting and provide Fanstastico or not?

For OSCommerce, I suggest at least change the default colours so that it makes your site more unique from others.

There are lots of discussion in OSC forums, which I suggest a must if you want to install and use OSC. There is a very good thread there called How to make a worst OSC site... ;p

(I can actually setup a basic OSC for you (tell me your budget) with some interesting features which I feel is a MUST :) )

if he wans... can also pay for those 'branded' carts... like cubecart, etc... about 2 years ago, was sourcing for carts... was thinking either the cubecart (simpler to use) or oscommerce (more complicated...)

btw mambo also have mods that allow carts on mambo itself. maybe can take a look at it...

I am a newbie (just started early Dec '05) to ecommerce but I find OSCommerce is actually very good! There are many OSC users and there are many extra contributions from users that you can use to make your site suits you very much!

I tested cubecart for a few mins and dislike it features...so I go for the OSC and explore it more :) No regret! :thumbsup:

Hi alan .. somthing like that
but I want something abit more colourful .. btw is that your site?
And how much do u pay it for ?

I was thinking of using a blog to sell our stuff ?
Though is not professional .. but then Is FREE

The good thing about blog is .. I will do updating myself.
As my stuff will be updating very frequently. Getting someone to maintain a website will incurr addition cost.

simon80 said:

As my stuff will be updating very frequently. Getting someone to maintain a website will incurr addition cost.

I think I have seen blog type of ecommece site before, but it really depends on the nature of your business...

If you have OSC installed and configured at your site, you dont really need someone for the maintainence, as you can easily update the product listing and quantity and price yourself! Everything is in a nicely admin panel...if you know how to surf CS, you will have no problem maintaining the OSC yourself! :cool:

I think if you are not doing the website for commercial or professional standard you can just build 1 easy navi and simple site on your own or use those gallery portal to host with ready templates. Don't really need to waste $$ to ask someone to do it if there is no revenue in returns.

I think design is actually an investment of return, if you really need it you invest if not just bare with it. :p

I believe first impression is very important.

I found many shops in Singapore are successful because they invest a lot of money and effort in making their shops look nice and attractive and professional to many. Eg. Kopitiam, BreadTalk...etc. Of course the services must be good, but if you cant attract customers to use your services in the first place...then you cant show them how good your services are.

So...still, if you want to have a successful ecommerce site, make sure you design it properly.

The good thing about open source codes now is that you can DIY and not hiring anybody :)

what about photo gallery that are Flash based? Is there a 'cpanel - equivalent' of it?

flash dont use cpanel. flash use xml like my website all flash base loaded with xml.
:)

Maybe i design a website for someone here but i'm too tied up with work....

simon80 said:

Hi Simon,

That's one of the site that we're powering. you may check with CS (since we're in CS territory now) whether do they sell webspace with preinstalled OScommerce.

Else, you can find a webhost that sells a hosting plan with preinstalled OScommerce.
That will allow u to update your site easily with admin panel that's easy like 123.

find webhost that has Cpanel and Fantastico, then installing the OSC or any other shopping cart is as easy as 1 2 3...less than 5 clicks.

Installing is easy, configuring needs time/skills :)

di0nysus said:
what about photo gallery that are Flash based? Is there a 'cpanel - equivalent' of it?

flash...very bad for slow connnection users...I still find simple and plain html website the best! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.