Website advice needed


Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
44
shashinki.com
I notice that some of you have your own website, with nice domain name and email. Currently I am using Yahoo! Geocities service, but they have changed their policy recently not to allow user to FTP and limited webspace of 15MB. Thus, I am thinking of having my own website with my own desired domain name and email address.

My question are:
1. How much do I need to spend a year to maintain the website?
2. Any initial cost?
3. Can you recommend a good place to register?
4. What's the process?
5. If the cost is high, can I share with someone? Anybody wanna share?

I notice that Yahoo! Geocities is having the rate of US$11.xx per year for a 25Mb of space, FTP access, 10 email account, free domain name, no advertisment...etc. Is this good? Thanks.
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
41
East
www.weekai.com
Originally posted by Kho King
I notice that some of you have your own website, with nice domain name and email. Currently I am using Yahoo! Geocities service, but they have changed their policy recently not to allow user to FTP and limited webspace of 15MB. Thus, I am thinking of having my own website with my own desired domain name and email address.

My question are:
1. How much do I need to spend a year to maintain the website?
2. Any initial cost?
3. Can you recommend a good place to register?
4. What's the process?
5. If the cost is high, can I share with someone? Anybody wanna share?

I notice that Yahoo! Geocities is having the rate of US$11.xx per year for a 25Mb of space, FTP access, 10 email account, free domain name, no advertisment...etc. Is this good? Thanks.
the one I'm using is quite cheap:
1) S$28 a year for doman registration, S$10 a month for webspace (50mb)
2) no other costs. And contract is monthly, so you can terminate any month
3) www.sgdomain.com
4) just register, provide your CC number. Account will be activated in 1-2 days.

alternatively...ask clubsnap for a subdomain with your nick lor..hehheh
 

pit

New Member
Mar 12, 2002
128
0
0
Actually, you can still pretty much have your own for free but with a little limitation.

For web space, try: http://homex.coolconnect.com/

This provides 25MB web space on S'pore ONE. Very fast. Only quirk is: recently they added an automatic pop up ad.

For a nicer domain name, try: http://www.has.it/home.php

They have a few domains that you could probably still find nice short ones.

Hope this helps.
 

Goondu

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,292
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by Tweek


alternatively...ask clubsnap for a subdomain with your nick lor..hehheh
I think it is a good idea, I don't mind paying a monthly subscription to ClubSnap. But of course, there are bandwidth to consider...;)
 

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
44
shashinki.com
Originally posted by Goondu


I think it is a good idea, I don't mind paying a monthly subscription to ClubSnap. But of course, there are bandwidth to consider...;)
Clupsnap...clubsnap...are you listening? I am ready for your reply and answer...:)
 

Goondu

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,292
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by Kho King


Clupsnap...clubsnap...are you listening? I am ready for your reply and answer...:)
Better start a new thread at the Suggestion Box.:p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.