Webhosting / Online Portfolios Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmi

Oct 13, 2004
With my camera..hee
Hi to all.
I'm currently looking into setting up my own website as a freelancer. Saw a few websites of the pros here and find them great and wondering how you guys did it. I'm kinda dummy on internet jargons & programming. Doing my homework on how to set up my own. Including reading the forums here for sometime now.
Saw a few ads on webhosting & online pic albums hosting and very much confused by the different terms.:think:

Would appreciate any advice on which host to pick up and what to look out for ( eg : copyrighting & leeching ).:)
Thanks again! Cheers to all and Happy New Year!

:cheers:

Thanks, Ortega. Kinda realised that now about the leeching. Best to prevent is not to even put up on the net right.
So you guys got any hosts to recommend?
Thanks.

Azmi said:
Thanks, Ortega. Kinda realised that now about the leeching. Best to prevent is not to even put up on the net right.
So you guys got any hosts to recommend?
Thanks.

i'm a freelance web designer..

and personally, i use netfirms.com

or clever.com.sg is fine too
for my .com.sg clients

ortega said:
you cannot stop leeching

You can sorta stop leaching. HAve ur picture run in a flash animation.

yanyewkay said:
print screen does it..
ROFL there was a company that sell a programe that does flash slide shows, the other product they sell is a flash screen image saver - with that you can take snap shoots of a flash presentation so even if you slice the image it just means a determined theft will have to save all the slices and rehash them into a composit whole. Kinda chilly to think how much trust people have in image theft being close to zero with a flash site.

Status
Not open for further replies.