webcams

Status
Not open for further replies.

emirates

Aug 29, 2007
Gutter .....
hi everyone
thinking of getting a webcam, but not very sure what brand or which.
budget around $25-$30 just want one for normal use. would prefer one with microphone attached,not nevemind
thanks in advance,
emirates

hi everyone
thinking of getting a webcam, but not very sure what brand or which.
budget around $25-$30 just want one for normal use. would prefer one with microphone attached,not nevemind
thanks in advance,
emirates

Spend more and get a Logitech. The drivers are much better than the cheap Taiwanese oem ones. Speech is audible on the recipient's side rather than muffled.

Spend more and get a Logitech. The drivers are much better than the cheap Taiwanese oem ones. Speech is audible on the recipient's side rather than muffled.

i've seen better output from the ones from china for the same price range. there's one that adds more light if the ambient lighting isn't bright enuff...dunnoe the brand though...:dunno:

so if go for a Logitech right, is it wiser to take one with a microphone or have a seperate audio system.

anyone know the price for d Logitech QuickCam IM?
and if u guys have a webcam and think is good that falls within the budget $25-$35 please list the model
thanks!

With such price of $20-30 as selling price, it means cost price is around $3 at most.
At this price, most models should be China made.
Anyway, many branded models are actually cheap China made but marketing as branded and selling at $75.

That is Marketing!
If u really wants $20-30; any model is OK. Why spend so much time to research for $20-30; your time lost is worth much much more then $30. Spend your time happyly with your loved one with any web cam u buy.
If u do not want to bargain, go to a shop in Key Complex [Jln Sultan], this shop selling lots of good and cheap IT products. No need to worry on quality n cost.

Cheers/

anyone know the price for d Logitech QuickCam IM?
and if u guys have a webcam and think is good that falls within the budget $25-$35 please list the model
thanks!

SDG 62.00

I would suggest you simply just go to SLS and look around. If you are serioulsy going to spend that minimum amount of money for a webcam. You really CAN'T hope to get the best bang for your money. You will only be getting some cheap made in china CMOS webcam which require that you have good lighting in your room to use it. The resolution would be so low and pixelated. It is only good to be use for small window size viewing.

Take my advice forget about getting one with a built in mic. If you start using it more you will find that...the given the webcam will be kept at distance from you, you have to be talking very loub to capture it. Use a headset with a mic boom that is kept near your mouth. Trust me I have been video chatting for 10 yrs...and I have used and upgrade 8 difference webcams. I would say...spend abit more. The IM is not bad. It is below average but better then those you can get for the budget you stated. I am using a Creative one now and it is pretty good. I get about 640 x 480 which to me is good enough. No use getting too high resolution as you have to balance it with your internet speed to be able to sent and receive relatively smooth video and sound!

thanks for all the advice, it really helps getting info from folks that know stuff better than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.