Web space for member to upload photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

kianern

Jan 17, 2002
MY-Labuan
Maybe each member will get some web space, say 3-5mb to upload their photos, so the loading of pics will be much faster. Or, maybe a general webspace share among all the members to upload their pics.

Think it's a good idea...

Have bring this up before and in fact some owner is using it oredi.. :)

Yes, that is one of plans that we have in mind, but there are other serveral other issues and concerns that we need to address and resolve first before we can consider the feasiblity of members setting up webspace accounts on ClubSNAP.

Such issues include additional server cost, connections cost, among others.

Please be patient, let us all work together and make this possible one day down the road. Thank you!

Originally posted by binbeto
Think it's a good idea...

Have bring this up before and in fact some owner is using it oredi.. :)

The current users of the webspace on ClubSNAP are the Core Team Members only, and no others. Like I mentioned in the post above, please be patient while we work out the issues. Thank you.

Originally posted by kianern
Maybe each member will get some web space, say 3-5mb to upload their photos, so the loading of pics will be much faster. Or, maybe a general webspace share among all the members to upload their pics.

theres no reason why hosting the pictures on clubsnap.org will increase loading speed - you're assuming the admin can afford to pay loads of money for bandwidth in order to be faster than other upload sites. It adds unnecessary cost as there are so many fast and free storage options like tripodasia.com.sg

Tripodasia may be free but it's not fast.

Perhaps we can put a list of fast and free webspace providers in the FAQ.

homex and geofoto would be my top choices.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Tripodasia may be free but it's not fast.

Perhaps we can put a list of fast and free webspace providers in the FAQ.

homex and geofoto would be my top choices.
homex should not be in the list because its overseas bandwidth is virtually nil. Photos uploaded would not be seen by our overseas members. Try some others, in the meantime, we'll work out the issues surrounding the webspace on ClubSNAP. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.