Web 'masters', I need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
My school's homepage got error. Just click the link and and you'll see why.

Can anyone advise what I should do? I tried studying the html codes and I just can't figure out where to insert the missing ')' ... I did count the lines though...as you can see, I'm hopeless in this...

TIA and I hope to hear good news from the masters who lurk in Clubsnap forum! ;)

eh wat error ? i c no error

no error. maybe browser version?

Originally posted by AdamGoi

No meh? It keeps on stating "runtime error"

It keeps on popping up using my school's as well as my home PC. Help!

hm no see any ... i using IE

it will show the error if u enable the option "Display a notification about every script error" at Tools > Internet options.... > Advanced tab

My school's homepage got error. Just click the link and and you'll see why.

Can anyone advise what I should do? I tried studying the html codes and I just can't figure out where to insert the missing ')' ... I did count the lines though...as you can see, I'm hopeless in this...

TIA and I hope to hear good news from the masters who lurk in Clubsnap forum! ;)

why try opening it in dreamweaver n save it again in another filename or folder? i shld help. =)

Hi, I hope this helps you...

Line 58 of your page looks like this:

if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav16n=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils'.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn.gif'); MSFPnav16h=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils'.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn_a.gif'); }

There are three single quotation marks in each parenthesis with the text I've bolded, when single quotes or double quotes should always go as pairs when denoting a string. Try removing the one directly after the s in "pupiils" for each set and see if the error still comes up.

So the fix should look like:

if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav16n=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn.gif'); MSFPnav16h=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn_a.gif'); }

Hope this helps... :p

Originally posted by Que Lynn
Hi, I hope this helps you...

Line 58 of your page looks like this:

if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav16n=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils'.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn.gif'); MSFPnav16h=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils'.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn_a.gif'); }

There are three single quotation marks in each parenthesis with the text I've bolded, when single quotes or double quotes should always go as pairs when denoting a string. Try removing the one directly after the s in "pupiils" for each set and see if the error still comes up.

So the fix should look like:

if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav16n=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn.gif'); MSFPnav16h=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils.htm_cmp_nature010_vbtn_a.gif'); }

Hope this helps... :p

Thanks Que Lynn for going through the touble. I'll try that when I get back to school on Monday.

Still, for the benefit to those who are trying to help (I really really appreciate that) error messages which I received are "A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line: 35 Error: Expected ')'. I also received the same message again after I click 'No' to debug where it reads the same except that it is for line 57.

All these happened after I changed the Theme using Frontpage 98 @ school.

Advise is still welcomed!

Adam, maybe you might wanna try Dreamweaver? Frontpage used to give me a lot of problems.... until I moved to Dreamweaver.

Up to now, no problems :D

Thanks Que Lynn for going through the touble. I'll try that when I get back to school on Monday.

Still, for the benefit to those who are trying to help (I really really appreciate that) error messages which I received are "A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line: 35 Error: Expected ')'.

Advise is still welcomed!

Que Lynn is right. An "Expected ')'." error msg usually refers to a misplaced quote.

Originally posted by shawntim

Que Lynn is right. An "Expected ')'." error msg usually refers to a misplaced quote.

Thanks shawntim for confirming.

Still, I need to trouble someone (TIA!) to proofread line 35 and 57 so that I can edit the html code which can only be done in my school.

Thanks shawntim for confirming.
Still, I need to trouble someone (TIA!) to proofread line 35 and 57 so that I can edit the html code which can only be done in my school.

Both Line 35 and 57 have same problem. Just remove the extra single quotation mark after s in "pupiils"

Original Line 35 (or 36 to some debuggers):
if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav7n=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils'.htm_cmp_nature010_hbtn.gif'); MSFPnav7h=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils'.htm_cmp_nature010_hbtn_a.gif'); }

Fix for Line (or 36 to some debuggers):
if(MSFPhover) { MSFPnav7n=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils.htm_cmp_nature010_hbtn.gif'); MSFPnav7h=MSFPpreload('_derived/pupiils.htm_cmp_nature010_hbtn_a.gif'); }

Original Line 57 (or 58 to some debuggers):

Fix for Line 57 (or 58 to some debuggers):

Hope this is what you're looking for :p

Status
Not open for further replies.