Web Hosting for images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomT

Deregistered
Apr 8, 2004
Singapura
Hi,

I thinking of hosting my images for my family pics. What do y'all experts look for when searching for a hosting site? Eg, like software that supports pics instead of using Gallery software, minimum storage space, bandwidth limitations, price, features, etc.

Pls share your views.

Thanx!!!

paid or free?

if paid, almost all of them have ready to use gallery software package.
Clubsnap also offer such service.

paid service. witout ads. so what do you think is important. don't worry about my views, just wanna know what you experts look for.

if gungho, can go get one of those 2GB space web hosting services that cost something like US$10/mth and run a PHP photo album app like Coppermine.

Otherwise, should stick to CS galleries - support this community!

there are some hosting site charge around $3-$5 a month, you will get 50Mb of space. I'm not related to them, but I can provide some info. They provide Coppermine (this is software package to create gallery).

But first, you might want to take a look at what Clubsnap offer. It might suits your need and you can help to support this website too :D

Thanx for all the info guys! I really appreciate that.

popeye said:
there are some hosting site charge around $3-$5 a month, you will get 50Mb of space. I'm not related to them, but I can provide some info. They provide Coppermine (this is software package to create gallery).

But first, you might want to take a look at what Clubsnap offer. It might suits your need and you can help to support this website too :D

I think there's a $10 for 1 GB webspace. Just check out the computer times ads every tues. But I think you need basic skills like FTP and pay like $30 for a domain name (ie www.Thom-T.com) :confused:

Normally if you can get such a cheap webspace hosting, beware, there should already be people abusing the bandwidth to transfer files. You might end up with a slow speed to your website. :)

Support ClubSNAP!

Basic Webspace Plan
100MB webspace
10MB POP email
200 Private Messages limit
Pre-installed Photo Gallery
$60 per year, payable upon sign-up.

Premium Webspace Plan
200MB webspace
20MB POP email
300 Private Messages limit
Pre-installed Photo Gallery
Personalised, vanity URL available
$100 per year, payable upon sign-up.

To sign up for the BASIC WEBSAPACE PLAN, click HERE!!

To sign up for the PREMIUM WEBSPACE PLAN, click HERE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.