Weather sealing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Knight

Jul 21, 2008
Singapore
just wondering, how weather sealed is a K200d with kit lens?
I mean, yeah , the kit lens is not sealed but can it still be used in the rain without problems or water getting in?

Its called seepage. some water is fine but if the water is flowing like heavy rain then be careful.

best to wrap it in a plastic bag so less water gets to the lens.

i saw an account of a guy and his buddy who were shooting along a pier with waves that kept washing over them. one of them had a sealed lens but the other guy had a sigma lens that emerged fine.

anyway it's my opinion that if the shot is worth it then by all means whip out the camera for it, even if it's a drenching rain. keep the camera right after the shot instead of walking around with it exposed. give it a good wipe after getting back and put it in the dry box straight away. oh and don't zoom in and out so you don't suck water into the lens.

if the lens spoils, it's just the kit lens.. just get a da* 16-50 to replace it:bsmilie:

good idea since DA* are weather sealed but take note they did not mention weather proof. I think in wet conditions, maybe a waterproof PnS would suffice if importance is in getting the shot rather then the specifics like DoF and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.