Weather seal Body n Lens.

Jin80s

Feb 10, 2010
Hi guys. want to know how to see which are the WS body or lens?
Thanks for the info. ;)

Hi guys. want to know how to see which are the WS body or lens?
Thanks for the info. ;)

this is one easy way to see which are the bodies that are weather sealed.
Camera feature search: Digital Photography Review

for lenses with sealing.... I will leave it to you.
hint. it can also be found in the same site.

Last edited:
thank u coolthought for the web site. but it dont show in some lens tat is Environmentally sealed anot. like the nikon 105mm marco VR. but still is very good enough.

to ZerocoolAstra- the WR im looking for is the Environmentally sealed like Water and dust resistant. ^^

thank u coolthought for the web site. but it dont show in some lens tat is Environmentally sealed anot. like the nikon 105mm marco VR. but still is very good enough.

to ZerocoolAstra- the WR im looking for is the Environmentally sealed like Water and dust resistant. ^^

Which brings me back to my original question:
What kind of situation are you intending to subject your camera (and I suppose yourself) to, that will benefit from this additional weather sealing?

sorry bro ZerocoolAstra. did really get u the 1st time. maybe like boat fishing or weather under -10deg?

sorry bro ZerocoolAstra. did really get u the 1st time. maybe like boat fishing or weather under -10deg?

boat fishing.... hmmmm, I guess that includes lots of spray from the sea.
Well I think you would still need to take the same precautions in such a situation, regardless of the sealing capabilities of your camera body and lens :) A good wipe-down at the soonest convenient opportunity should go a long way to preserving the function of your equipment.

As for -10C cold... hmmm, environmental sealing should be unnecessary, I feel. Even a PnS would likely still work :)

For boat fishing or any activity related to seawater I strongly recommend you get an underwater housing instead. Seawater is very corrosive, long exposure in such harsh conditions will ultimately spell doom to your camera/ lens.

weather seal good to have.... but used it as if its not weather proof. Usually weather proof gear are more ex .. so unlikely I will use it harshly

For boat fishing or any activity related to seawater I strongly recommend you get an underwater housing instead. Seawater is very corrosive, long exposure in such harsh conditions will ultimately spell doom to your camera/ lens.
Funny logic