Weather Forecast

loozhengyuan

Jan 16, 2010
I'm organising a private outing to Marina area next week . So can people recommend some websites which gives ACCURATE weather forecast ? And also , if it rains , which part of marina can I go to take pictures while waiting for rain to stop ?

I'm organising a private outing to Marina area next week . So can people recommend some websites which gives ACCURATE weather forecast ? And also , if it rains , which part of marina can I go to take pictures while waiting for rain to stop ?

For weather forcast, go to www.nea.gov.sg

If you manage to find such a site, please let me know too. NEA's forecast is not what I define as accurate.

If you manage to find such a site, please let me know too. NEA's forecast is not what I define as accurate.

Just too bad, this is the best we have for singapore.:embrass:

I don't think there's one. I don't trust NEA completely. Most of the time provide inaccurate info. I will like to see if there's one too.

I think maybe 9V-Orion Images maybe know .

Think of which agencies or authorities requires the most accurate, up-to-date weather information and you have your answer. Not sure if one-week in advance forecasts can be absolute though. :think:

NEA would provide the most accurate forecasts. Other forecasters tend to use infromation from them anyway.

One-week forecasts are rarely accurate anywhere in the world, and especially in places like Singapore, as the weather changes around too frequently. Thats how Meteorology is.

The best plan you can have is to check for updates regularly in the days preceeding the event, and have a wet-weather plan in place.

What I like about NEA website, it has nowcast.
You will know for example if you live in the west (jurong) and it rained, it does not necessarily rains in the east (changi beach).
Then you can look at the wind situation and predict if the wind will push the cloud to east or not, and decide if you want to risk going out despite it rains at home.

How about praying to God that it doesn't rain that day? :bsmilie:

Always have a contingency plan for rain. Reece the area beforehand. You can shoot underneath buildings/underpass in the area, but have to look out for security/etc.