wearing specs = disadvantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junhua90

Apr 8, 2009
im a person who wear specs... and i have realised it is kinda disadvantage for me when using DSLR....

when i taking photo, the image in the view finder looks VERY CLEAR and detailed, right focus and all that. but the photo during preview there was a slight blur, with or without flash... any idea how to solve this problem...

There shouldn't be an issue, esp if you're using AF.

If you're manual focusing without wearing your specs, then you'll have to adjust the diopter control on the viewfinder.

There are many photographers who wear glasses and they do not have problem with it. It may be a bit inconvenient but I don't think that it'll cause the photos to be blur.

There shouldn't be an issue, esp if you're using AF.

If you're manual focusing without wearing your specs, then you'll have to adjust the diopter control on the viewfinder.

ya im talking about MF... i got adjust the diopter to the most + le.. but still a bit blur when i look at the AF brackets. does that means my viewfinder is not correct to my eyes?

There are many photographers who wear glasses and they do not have problem with it. It may be a bit inconvenient but I don't think that it'll cause the photos to be blur.

oh i see... but many times i got slight blur images... when i very sure it is focused correctly...

when i try to make it blur like increase the focal length, sometimes i got it right and get a clear image.

Let the camera autofocus on flat text/word and well illuminated (not night view) and adjust the diopter beside the VF till it is clear (at first sight). Don't stare at the VF for too long as it strain the eye causing deliberate focus.

You should not be setting diopter to extreme left or right, if true means you seriously need to change you glasses.

im a person who wear specs... and i have realised it is kinda disadvantage for me when using DSLR....

when i taking photo, the image in the view finder looks VERY CLEAR and detailed, right focus and all that. but the photo during preview there was a slight blur, with or without flash... any idea how to solve this problem...

this could be anything

could be

1) diopter problem

2) human problem, cos brain not working

3) handheld shutter speed problem, i.e shutter speed too long to not have handshake blur

somehow, i am thinking it is #3, what sort of lighting condition are you shooting in?

best if you can post up pictures with EXIF intact to show us what you mean

I wear glasses. No problems at all.

There shouldn't be much of a problem . most of my friends who wears glasses doesn't seems to have a problem with it. ;)

ya im talking about MF... i got adjust the diopter to the most + le.. but still a bit blur when i look at the AF brackets. does that means my viewfinder is not correct to my eyes?

it should be at neutral when you're wearing your glasses. You'd only need to adjust it if you wish to take pics without wearing glasses.

I am wearing glass....no such problem other than inconvenient...tat's why I am going for Lasik tomorrow :lovegrin:

Not too sure about yours, in my Nikon viewfinder, there is a < o > indicator at the bottom left....you can double confirm the focusing from there :lovegrin:

If one is wearing glass, one have to know that their eyesight will have some errors somewhere, always NOT perfect due to the glass degree that available (in terms of 25degree). Note difference glass degree for the difference distance (very far, far, mid -range, close, very near) in order to correct it.

So if these people tends to use Manual Focus with fast aperture (small DOF) like F2 or faster, chances is that they will face difficulty in getting prefect correct focus on the small position they want in focus on the small view finder. ... Just my 2cents.

this could be anything

could be

1) diopter problem

2) human problem, cos brain not working

3) handheld shutter speed problem, i.e shutter speed too long to not have handshake blur

somehow, i am thinking it is #3, what sort of lighting condition are you shooting in?

best if you can post up pictures with EXIF intact to show us what you mean

:bsmilie: I love option 2... Ha ha!!

My worst problem with glasses is that they steam up or get in the way with straps, bracket, etc flying around.

From my POV: Assuming the shutter speed is adequate to avoid camera shake, and the pictures are taken in both situations with on a tripod or solid surface and timer:

1. Glasses related:
High astigmatic prescriptions can give incorrect images depending on what portion of the glasses you are looking through, head tilt can exaggerate this i.e. it might look like the sharpest image but in actuality it isn't.

Myopic (short sight) glasses minify images anyway and this is worsened with using cameras as there is also more space between the eyepiece and eye, compared with no glasses. The apparent depth of focus is greater, leading you to believe that the image is still focused when it is off a bit.

Assuming your glasses do not need updating, in general dioptre adjustment is only needed for hypermetropia (long sight) or presbyopia (age-related accomodative loss) people so that they can read the viewfinder data.

2. Camera or Lens focusing error.
I had a camera which was back focusing which caused something similar (drove me crazy until I did some testing). All things being equal, I think this may be your problem.

Good luck!

How old are you? Once you are nearing 40s, long sightedness sets in and you need the diopter to compensate. I have a colleague whose sister, in her early 30s, suffering from long sightedness.

If one is wearing glass, one have to know that their eyesight will have some errors somewhere, always NOT perfect due to the glass degree that available (in terms of 25degree). Note difference glass degree for the difference distance (very far, far, mid -range, close, very near) in order to correct it.

So if these people tends to use Manual Focus with fast aperture (small DOF) like F2 or faster, chances is that they will face difficulty in getting prefect correct focus on the small position they want in focus on the small view finder. ... Just my 2cents.

YUP YUP, THIS IS WHAT I AM ENCOUNTERING NOW... i thought my friend's face was focused and his ear wasn't... but end up the ear focused the face wasn't. ><

btw my glasses it with me for like almost a year... could it be my eyes sight need some other degrees other than my current glasses and that is a problem?

:bsmilie: I love option 2... Ha ha!!

My worst problem with glasses is that they steam up or get in the way with straps, bracket, etc flying around.

From my POV: Assuming the shutter speed is adequate to avoid camera shake, and the pictures are taken in both situations with on a tripod or solid surface and timer:

1. Glasses related:
High astigmatic prescriptions can give incorrect images depending on what portion of the glasses you are looking through, head tilt can exaggerate this i.e. it might look like the sharpest image but in actuality it isn't.

Myopic (short sight) glasses minify images anyway and this is worsened with using cameras as there is also more space between the eyepiece and eye, compared with no glasses. The apparent depth of focus is greater, leading you to believe that the image is still focused when it is off a bit.

Assuming your glasses do not need updating, in general dioptre adjustment is only needed for hypermetropia (long sight) or presbyopia (age-related accomodative loss) people so that they can read the viewfinder data.

2. Camera or Lens focusing error.
I had a camera which was back focusing which caused something similar (drove me crazy until I did some testing). All things being equal, I think this may be your problem.

Good luck!

so... generally people who wear glasses shouldn't have problems taking right focus picture then? maybe my glasses need updating.. because it has been with me for a year or so...

I have a differing opinion. People who don't wear glasses doesn't mean they eyesight is perfect, it means that the gap in degree does not affect their visual interpretation but does not mean they see clearly. In fact a person with new glasses see clearer since it is optimized.

I agree, glasses will not interfere with the camera unless the degree is really out.

Side track a bit, when your spectacle degree no longer fluctuates yearly anymore, switch to high quality eye lense. There are difference in brightness, clarity with good spectacle lense.

Status
Not open for further replies.