wearing specs abit hard to take pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

star77

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
i'm wearing specs and i find it a little hard trying to view through the viewfinder.

anyone facing this problem?

Originally posted by star77
i'm wearing specs and i find it a little hard trying to view through the viewfinder.

anyone facing this problem?

Can't be helped if ur specs gets in the way, use the LCD instead.

Just remember to buy a couple more sets of rechargeable NiMH batteries as using the LCD drains power pretty fast.

More economical in a long run.

which camera are you using? some camera viewfinders allow for compensation... or do you mean your specs block your view physically?

Originally posted by Jayan

Can't be helped if ur specs gets in the way, use the LCD instead.

Just remember to buy a couple more sets of rechargeable NiMH batteries as using the LCD drains power pretty fast.

More economical in a long run.

but the LCD looks a little grainy though, seems a little hard to gauge the quality of the pic from there before taking.
:(

Originally posted by Larry
which camera are you using? some camera viewfinders allow for compensation... or do you mean your specs block your view physically?
using a olympus C220Z.

not sure how to describe looking through the viewfinder wif specs, but it's kinda tiring looking through it wif specs on.

feel alot more comfortable to view it w/o specs.
guess my specs kinda get in the way a little.

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Use disposable contact lens lah, my friend :p
my eyes are quite sensitive, cant wear contact lenses :(

Let me ask ya a qns, u open both eyes to view the viewfinder or one eye?

Originally posted by Klause
Let me ask ya a qns, u open both eyes to view the viewfinder or one eye?
is that the wrong mtd? :embrass:

i'm wearing specs and i find it a little hard trying to view through the viewfinder.anyone facing this problem?
I've found that attaching a little rubber "cup" to the viewfinder helps a lot in blocking out excess light from the surrounding area and hence makes things much more comfortable. This may or may not be a viable option depending on your camera's physical design, but it's an idea worth exploring.

Originally posted by Midnight
I've found that attaching a little rubber "cup" to the viewfinder helps a lot in blocking out excess light from the surrounding area and hence makes things much more comfortable. This may or may not be a viable option depending on your camera's physical design, but it's an idea worth exploring.

got pic to show how the rubber cup looks like?
or where can get?

dunno if it can fit my cam.

Since you can't change your eyes, I suggest you sell the current one and buy a camera that you can view with your glasses on. :p

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Since you can't change your eyes, I suggest you sell the current one and buy a camera that you can view with your glasses on. :p

I agree with that!

I think a rubber cup will not help much if he cannot see the full frame in the viewfinder. Yes, it can block out stray light, but if you can't see the edges, add a rubber cup, you still won't see the edges.

On the other hand, Canon has a dedicated eyepiece extender (Eyepiece Extender EP-EX15) with a magification of 0.5X for its Rebel Series SLR. Using such extenders will extent the viewfinder by 15mm and reduces the viewfinder image by 50%. This will bring all the missing corners of the frame into view, even with thick glasses on. However, I am not sure whether any other manufacturers offer this wonderful device. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.