"We do not criticise our parents for their imperfections"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you parents out there bring in outsiders into your hse to compete with yr children on the food, accommodation etc?? LOL.

They said we only see their warts and not their good.
Same thing can be said about them. They should hv considered their obesed bank acc first before even lamenting our criticism. LOL

My PAPent just made me give up half my house to them yesterday night. :(

i REALLY cannot comprehend why this parent-child analogy was chosen.
It is so worlds apart!!. LOL.

Unless, of course, he treats his children the same way as.....you know what i mean. LOL

I can understand where the former PM is coming from - I am the former PM whom was paid millions per year and all my siblings and children are overseas educated and with top notch pedigree - you Sinkies who are just daft and naive deserved to retire in a room living with all your relatives and fight to use the toilet each day ( count yourself lucky you are not asked to wash the toilet). What I am asking sinkies is that because of your own ability (or disability) your entitlement to a good retirement years are nothing more than just a dream , no matter how short lasting.

So stay in the dream, and enjoy your years while I the former PM dictates that now, you should not even complaint or vent your frustration because like I said earlier we are 2 different worlds and you do not deserve any better.

So, we are left with no money and now no self dignity listening to the former PM.

Still waiting to see if COE for Motorcycle will hit $10k in Sept like someone predicted so confidently almost 6mths ago.....

Still waiting to see if COE for Motorcycle will hit $10k in Sept like someone predicted so confidently almost 6mths ago.....

Don't be too happy too early bro.
You should why we are getting so many goodies now. Some were announced just yesterday. Lol.
After 2016, you shall see it accelerates full throttle to 10k in no time. Lol

Don't be too happy too early bro.
You should why we are getting so many goodies now. Some were announced just yesterday. Lol.
After 2016, you shall see it accelerates full throttle to 10k in no time. Lol

I don't own a bike or a car.... therefore rise or fall of COE give me neither pleasure nor sadness...

Just simply pointing out the fact that knowing how to talk doesn't give a person the 'power' to predict the future.... policy change, environment change, condition change, situation change....

To predict what will happen before or after 2016 with certainty.... is questionable at best, laughable at its worst... as confirmed by your 'Prediction' of COE hitting $10K for bikes in 6mths time around Mar.

I think I should still be alive after 2016.... therefore I'll wait another 6mths after the Big 'E' day for your "You Shall See It Accelerates Full Throttle To 10K In No Time"... I think 6mths is surely enough to cover your..... 'In No Time'... right ?? :think:

My dear bro, nobody is able to predict the future with CERTAINTY. Lol
The word "predict" already implied uncertainty.
Prediction at any point in time would depend very much on the trend or the rate of increase (or decrease) at that pt in time. We are aiming at a moving target. We will not know for sure where your target will finally be. We can only estimate base on its current state. Its present vector and what is the rate of change of this vector, to predict what would be its MOST LIKELY next location.

In march, the vector state at that time was such that it pointed to be going to be drastic increase.
In contrast, now, with the trend of the drastic pumping in of goodies, the vector state is correspondingly adjusted.

Hope you are educated by my explanation. LOL.

Hope you are educated by my explanation. LOL.

I sure am... the old saying (best pronounce in Hokkien) "大声不准".... comes to mind...

So... let's see how it goes 6mth after GE...

Last edited:
i REALLY cannot comprehend why this parent-child analogy was chosen.
It is so worlds apart!!. LOL.

Unless, of course, he treats his children the same way as.....you know what i mean. LOL

Soon, he will "limpeh" us. Be afraid, be very afraid.

[video=youtube;_UHS_oSst-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UHS_oSst-k[/video]

I don't own a bike or a car.... therefore rise or fall of COE give me neither pleasure nor sadness...

You can't think that. Everything in the economy is connected. COE enters into CPI, which in turn enters into the formula used by PTC to adjust public transport fares.

Every wrong policy is paid for by the people in some way or other. Often you don't even realize you are paying for it.

You can't think that. Everything in the economy is connected. COE enters into CPI, which in turn enters into the formula used by PTC to adjust public transport fares.

Every wrong policy is paid for by the people in some way or other. Often you don't even realize you are paying for it.

Well said. Actually, many folks are not aware about that. They think that if they not buying that particular item, they will not be affected at all. Some are affected more than the other, that's all. But saying that you are not totally affected is quite impossible.

Another senario, priced of COE have up a lot. Some businesses which require to buy a new vehicle or upgrade, etc will have to pass the additional costs to the consumers. To the businesses, these are additional cost of operations. Inflation is caused by many factors, COE is just one of them.

Just to point out that PTC uses core CPI these days. That excludes the cost of private transportation.

Just to point out that PTC uses core CPI these days. That excludes the cost of private transportation.

That is very unfortunate because a main driver of inflation is actually vehicular based, due to almost everyone and everything needing transport regardless private transport (passenger carrying) or goods transport (vans, lorries, etc)

Hence their assumption of inflation is patently based on weakly formulated measures. These so called economists can't do anything properly!

That is very unfortunate because a main driver of inflation is actually vehicular based, due to almost everyone and everything needing transport regardless private transport (passenger carrying) or goods transport (vans, lorries, etc)

Hence their assumption of inflation is patently based on weakly formulated measures. These so called economists can't do anything properly!

I think you need to re-read the context in which my post was made, before firing your gun happily without thinking.

I suppose you would like your fares to be based on all sorts of inflation? :bsmilie: Thanks.

Time to close this thread.

Please take political talk elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.