Wd 40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumball

Jul 8, 2003
Dear all,

Does anyone knows how to remove the sticky things left on the surface after an old sticker was peel off?

Does something like WD 40 help?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards
CM

Dear all,

Does anyone knows how to remove the sticky things left on the surface after an old sticker was peel off?

Does something like WD 40 help?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards
CM

Get the sticky side of a scotch tape and press on the sticky surface to lift it off. Do it many times until the whole sticky surface is gone.

Thanks. I am now using this method and and I must admit, this is tiring plus not really so effective... :(

Is there anything which is designed to get this job done?

try cigarette lighter fluid..
it works for me;)

Try cookin oil w cloth... :thumbsup:

Ipa 100%

rosonol oil or zippo lighter fluid

sure to work

2nd to this. :thumbsup:

Goo Gone is way too expensive in Singapore. I used it frequently while I was staying in the US, and it costs only US$2.95 at Wal-mart.

zippo lighter fluid. if not urgent I can pass to you.

WD40 has the same exact effect in removing left-behind adhesives as the lighter fluid.

and WD40 leaves a greasy after-effect with a signature smell...

Lighter fluid is the best. Thinner will damage certain plastics.

Lighter fluid is the best :thumbsup:

But if don't have and don't want to buy..the normal home use axe oil brand "hong you" can do the trick too..have to rub wif a piece of cloth..

Use the sticky part of the sticker itself to remove the sticky left-over..or at home use cooking oil with clean cloth and wipe it away...then wash away the oil with mild soap

buy adhesive remover from 3M. its available at all DIY hardware store. If not, art friend have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.