Wb Setting When Using Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Took some shots with the E300, bounce flash with the FL36.
Set the WB on auto. but the pictures turn out to be yellowish due to the surrounding tungsten light. Any advise to overcome this problem or should I set the WB to tungsten light?

By the way, is there any way to view thorugh the LCD instead of viewfinder when taking pictures?

TIA
cheers.

Try using the One-Touch CWB to set the WB instead.

for best results, shoot in RAW and post process

Thanks, will try the various option as suggested.

cheers

Teo said:
Took some shots with the E300, bounce flash with the FL36.
Set the WB on auto. but the pictures turn out to be yellowish due to the surrounding tungsten light. Any advise to overcome this problem or should I set the WB to tungsten light?

By the way, is there any way to view thorugh the LCD instead of viewfinder when taking pictures?

TIA
cheers.

Hello Teo,

A faster shutter speed will lower the tungsten colour effects from ambient lighting. This allow the flash to be the dominant light (& colour temp) source. Suitable if the subject is within the flash operating range.

If I'm correct, the colour temperature difference between the artificial lighting of flash & tungsten/florescent is too far apart to balance properly, so you'll have to bias towards either by shooting in RAW, then adjust colour temp after.

Cheers,

Hi Chancy

Tks, but to shoot in Raw and adjust the colour later seems tedious job.
Sigh...

When using flash, I have the habbit to use slow shutter eg. 1/30 or 1/15 and in bounce flash for the soft lighting. Will try to use faster shutter speed and see the results.

By the way, I'm new to digital and still exploring its characteristics.

Why don't u try the WB bracketting?
The bad part is that, 1 raw is only 13.5 MB, while 3 SHQs take up 15.5 MB.

Actually u can edit the WB of the JPG by changing the Hue.

Status
Not open for further replies.