Ways to travel out of Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
read that a group of people in a yatch were hold by indonesian in 'pontianak' for few days. and the pontianak is a few hours from singapore by sea.

I wonder what are the legal ways to travel out of singapore?would you like to share how and to where?

what i know is from harbourfront you can get ferry/cruise ticket to batam/bintan, and some close indonesian. Ferry/cruise ticket to tioman/desaru. Train to malaysia and link to Thailand.

Which part of indonesian can be reached by buying a ferry/cruise ticket?

any ferry/cruise service to sabah or sarawak?

hope you guys share you kopitiam talk here..

read that a group of people in a yatch were hold by indonesian in 'pontianak' for few days. and the pontianak is a few hours from singapore by sea.

I wonder what are the legal ways to travel out of singapore?would you like to share how and to where?

what i know is from harbourfront you can get ferry/cruise ticket to batam/bintan, and some close indonesian. Ferry/cruise ticket to tioman/desaru. Train to malaysia and link to Thailand.

Which part of indonesian can be reached by buying a ferry/cruise ticket?

any ferry/cruise service to sabah or sarawak?

hope you guys share you kopitiam talk here..

I know there are ferries to those nearby Indonesian islands but, as far as I know, there are no such services to sabah or sarawak. I guess, due to the distance and time taken, there is no demand for it. Imagine spending 2 or 3 days just to get there. Unless u have plenty of time to kill, it would be very much faster to fly there.

I like the traditional method of cigarette boats under the cover of night and big swells to avoid radar sweeps :D

I like the traditional method of cigarette boats under the cover of night and big swells to avoid radar sweeps :D

Potentially, a free ticket to free meals for a duration of time courtesy of Ministry of Home Affairs. :bsmilie:

Another way is to dress as in all black Ninja suit and crawl across the causeway to J.B. in the still of the night.

There are sampans for sale in J.B. :)

hey guys, i mean legal ways ha, actually it is more like if one wants to have a slow travel..any alternative ways start from singapore?

i guess by boat to any small island of indonesian then start to go by land in bus..then to some big cities..

i wonder in earlier days, like 30 years ago, and boat service to sarawak?

Heard from a friend that in tha past he was frequestly going to Indonesia and Malayisia by boat with having to show any passport at all, he could just stay overnight overseas to chit chat with friends and come back to Singapore.......

The Asean world has become more hostile now, you can't even get ot of Singapore by boat without being noticed by the radars here.

HS

You could.. Swim everywhere.

I mean, technically you could.

we can only board ferry from tanah merah?

What about inside a midget submarine launched from Singapore River?

:think:

Too shallow. Try Changi Boardwalk.

Reminds me of this game:

riptide.gif

Ferry to Batam. Ferry to Dumai. Bus all the way to Bali. How does that sound for "economy" travel?

ha, why not, it is real travel =)

Status
Not open for further replies.