Canon A40 - 76cm
Nikon Coolpix 2500 - 30cm

Wat's macro focus range?
Canon A40 - 16cm
Nikon Coolpix 2500 - 4cm

Wat is Min shutter?
Canon A40 - 15sec
Nikon Coolpix 2500 - 2sec

I've tried to read up dpreview but could not understand, will appreciate any explanation.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Ling
Need some help to explain these:

Wat's normal focus range?
Canon A40 - 76cm
Nikon Coolpix 2500 - 30cm

Wat's macro focus range?
Canon A40 - 16cm
Nikon Coolpix 2500 - 4cm

Wat is Min shutter?
Canon A40 - 15sec
Nikon Coolpix 2500 - 2sec

I've tried to read up dpreview but could not understand, will appreciate any explanation.

Thanks!

Normal focus range --> where in 'normal' wide-angle or tele focal length Anything below this min. distance of the normal focus range will cause the camera to be unable to focus properly

Macro focus range --> macro is ability to take very close-distance shot of subject i.e insects, very small objects, minute details on a coin surface etc. In macro mode the camera is able to focus properly at a distance shorter than the 'normal focus range'. The macro focus range is the min. distance a camera can focus properly on a subject when in macro mode.

Min shutter --> the max time the shutter of camera is able to remain open. The longer the shutter time....the more exposed (or over-exposed) the pix gets to be.

just to add, min shutter determines whether the cam can do nightshots properly. Typical nightshots require 2s and longer of shutter speed. So comparatively, A40 is more versatile and capable to take night shots compared to nikon 2500.

Thanks Jayan and Tweek! Really appreciate the explanation, I can understand better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.